Customer reviews

Melissa & Doug Slice and Bake Wooden Cookie Play Food Set
Format: Toy|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 19 April 2017
Lovely little wooden 'cooking set' to go in my niece's play kitchen - a baking tray just like mummy's, a wooden knife and spatula and 12 cookies with velcro attachable toppings. You can store the cookies in the dough roll and use the gingham oven glove when putting the tray in and out the oven! Lovely quality, good paint finish, nice colours; there's really nothing to criticise in this, apart from maybe the cookie roll could be more durable. It's great for imaginative play.

I bought this set for a 2 year old, despite it being graded 3+ years as it will be used with Mum's supervision and the pieces are rather large - I don't know that a toddler could actually get one in their mouth, let alone jammed in their throat. But as they can be tenacious little beings, it's always better to be safe than sorry, so it will be supervised. Just want to mention that I chose this particular set because the pieces are bigger than some of these cooking sets you can buy, which would cause me more concern.
on 19 April 2017
My daughter was given this when she was about 2 as a present and she loves it so much I bought it as a present for a friend's child.

It is very well made with a lot of parts (not in a bad way) and very intuitive for small people with small hands to use in their imaginative play. the 'cookie' piece has Velcro used to attach the 'icing' piece and to attach it to the 'baking tray'. All the cookie pieces can be stuck together as a tube and then cut up with the knife, organised on the tray with the icing added. There is a oven glove and spatula too, so they can go in and out of pretend ovens. And then there is a cardboard tube for the cookies to be stored in once cool and finish. The variations on this are endless, and of course the parts can be used as general part of cooking play.

Over 2 years this has consistently been one of her most used toys!

A tiny word of warning - it may go without saying, but the over glove is not suitable for use with a real oven, and is so realistic that a child may be need to be persuaded of this fact.

Have fun.
on 12 August 2017
Hours and hours of fun!! Especially if you have previously made real life short bread biscuits with icing with your lil one. This is as real as you can get with pretend play. Keeps my miss entertained. Can do teddy bear picnics with them and all sorts. Simulates real biscuit making, absolutely buzzing with these cookies. Already thinking about buying them again!! All kids who come to our house love them, they're great.
on 8 October 2016
Bought as a Christmas present. Cookies have been played with for 10 months. velcro is still fastened securely on the cookies and icing
Paint is still perfect on icing disks despite not being stored in the storage cardboard tube.
Lovely quality. But a pity that the storage tube I'd flimsy. After one mishap with water the tube had to be recycled.
on 31 August 2017
my 3 year old has played with thsi 2-3 times a week for 6 months, he really enjoys it and it's manageable for him on his own, or together. Quite heavy and good quality, paint etc hasn't chipped at all despite having a fairly rough life! Only problem was the tray doesn't fit in our play oven, but I donated an old pie tin, so no worries.
on 19 February 2016
I am a big fan of Melissa and Doug products they tend to be good quality and well made. This I bought after seeing it at a friends. It is brilliant. The oven glove my daughter adores and the biscuits Velcro-ing to the tray I love and hadn't realised they did until I saw them in the flesh.
I would say this is well worth the cost. There is lots of play value. They are wooden not flimsy. It is one of my daughters favourite play food and I fully recommend it to others.
on 12 December 2011
I bought this for my daughter for her 2nd birthday and she has enjoyed it so much that I have just bought another for my nieces for Christmas. My little one particularly loves to slip on the oven mitt. Even just putting the cookies in the tube seems to keep her amused.

Melissa and Doug products are such good quality - we have several of their toys. I loved that it came with some ideas for educational things you can do with this as well as the pretend play aspect (eg counting the sprinkles, grouping white and brown icing and so on)

The only minor issue I have is that trying to pry the cookies off the tray with the spatula is hard for me as a grown-up, maybe there's a knack to it but I've ended up resorting to twisting and pulling them off because the velcro is too good.
on 17 March 2012
This is a great little product for kids to role play with. Our little one loves tea party's so we brought this so she could pretend to bake and make the cookies for the tea party. The Velcro is tough enough not to fall off and the cookies stick to the tray and the icing tops sticks to the cookies - or as our little one does by making both cookies and flat cakes! Comes with an oven glove, spatula, cutting knife, baking tray and a biscuit / cookie box to pack them in. Very sturdy product, nice and colorful. Our baba is 2 & 1/2 and loves this product & i love it too. Pleased at how well all the items have been smoothed off, so no little splinters.
Will look into buying more products from Melissa and dough as they will last!
on 27 January 2016
Love love love this. Bought about 4 years ago for my twins and they still play with it (they are now 6)! solid and long lasting i've just bought a new set as a present for a friends little girl. There is quite a lot to the set so well worth the price. Delivery was super quick and arrived the next day!!
on 25 June 2017
We've had ours for 4 years and both my girls still love playing with these, one of the best toys we've bought them