on 17 December 2012
Only charged very slowly. Said it was a Genuine Apple Power adapter, but was a lemon! Don't buy it. I returned mine.
on 27 January 2013
I know that Apple products are predominance toy made in China but this just doesn't work
I bought as a spare as I travel a lot and I thought it would be good to leave in the suitcase - buy one from Apple!
on 1 January 2014
Having read many of the reviews for this item I went ahead and purchased it based upon its competitive price, I wasn't surprised (as some reviewers were) that it came with a USB cable, the advert does say 3 in 1. I have compared this item with my original iPad power supply and it appears to be identical even down to the power rating, even comparing the heat output when charging gives me no concerns. I have been using this item for a while now and it's performed without problems. However, I found the USB cable difficult to insert into the iPad, it didn't appear to be charging and when I pulled it out of the iPad socket the plug cover came off, I did inspect the the electrical connections which appeared to be okay but decided not to use this cable. I do however recommend the power adapter.
on 12 May 2014
I bought this to replace the charger I purchased from Amazon a little under a year ago. That one wasn't a genuine Apple charger and it died, didn't even last a year. My original Apple charger also died ( I don't have a lot of luck with chargers) so third time lucky I bought this one. I use this for both my iPad and iPhone and it appears to work fine. There's not a lot else to say but if it does die on me, I'll be sure to let you all know.

*Edit July 2015* The charger died in May this year so lasted a year in total. Not sure if that's good for modern technology or not. I've been using it daily to charge both my iPhone and iPad so perhaps it just died a natural death, who knows?
on 17 December 2009
I bought this charger for two specific reasons. Firstly I wanted to be able to charge my recently purchased iPod Classic when away from my computer in the UK, and secondly because I already had the additional (not included) adaptor to use with the unit to charge my iPod when abroad in Europe.

I am pleased to report that the charger meets both these needs. When received, I was a little concerned that the box was labelled 'iPhone Dock'. Insider in addition to the charger and the UK 13-Amp plug slide-on (very easy to fit), there is a USB to iPod connector lead and a base unit. The base unit is NOT suitable for the iPod Classic, but the other items are fine. My iPod screen shows when it is being charged with the unit.

Without the base unit, the charger feels to me to be about or slightly lighter than I would have expected.

Whilst it may not be Apple's most elegent product, it does the job, and is good value for money in my view.
on 29 May 2010
These are the old-style bulkier chargers; I was keen to get one as I had had a new plug-size one blow up and trip all my fuses (and have now heard of others experiencing this.)

The larger ones seem to have more room for the components and I have not heard of problems from anyone else. Unfortunately mine had a slight connection problem - probably the USB lead - and needed a bit of fiddling before it would charge. Seller has agreed to replace and I have been awaiting a new one for 10 days so sadly it will probably arrive too late for me to take my iPod touch on holiday next week.

I would have given the item 5 stars if it had not played up or if the replacement had arrived sooner.
on 26 January 2014
I don't think so worked for a few days then started to burn out, there has been report of copy apple chargers bursting into flame well mine nearly did it states genuine and show a picture with a serial number of apples on there its not if the seller is decent this product will be remove or amazon should sort it but someone could get hurt or even die or at the very least loose there home to a fire. Im not slagging the seller just making a valid point they are NOT Genuine
on 24 February 2014
I have to say I was a little concerned at some of the reviews posted about this charger but I couldn't believe that it would be fulfilled by Amazon if there were serious problems with it. I have to say it is excellent despite the keen pricing and comes with the USB cable proving perfect for charging our iPad 2 (and I assume therefore the iPad 1 and 3 as well). iPads need a charger with a higher output to charge quickly (especially with the screen turned on) than that needed for an iPhone but it is perfectly good for charging an iPhone too as long as the connector is compatible (ie the 30 pin connector not the small lightning connector introduced on the iPad mini, iPad 4 and the iPhone 5). It certainly appears to be a genuine Apple charger, as stated in the product description, is marked as such underneath with a trademark and copyright statement dated 2010. For those who need to know such things the stated output is 5.1V; 2.1A from an input between 100 and 200V: 0.45A with a 50 to 60Hz alternating current supply. Whilst it does get a little warm when charging mine didn't in any way get uncomfortably hot running off the mains in the UK. Hope this helps.
on 11 January 2013
Save your money. This isn't compatible with any Recent Apple Products. Wasted money buying 2 of these for Christmas and only one works. Very disappointed with the product and that Amazon won't allow me to return it. Waste of money.

Edit- used the working one for a month and it set on fire! In my children's room. Scary stuff! Don't buy!
on 28 November 2015
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

For £14 I would expect it to last longer than 32 days!!!

The USB connector inside the adapter is loose and no longer charges plus a POSSIBLE FIRE HAZARD

I can not exchange it as Amazon have a 30 days return policy.