on 7 January 2013
Compared to slightly cheaper, budget pruning saws this saw comes out well. The lock and pivot mechanism are set in a metal liner. The handle is a textured rubberised material and the blade is decent. Compared to more expensive Bahco and Silky saws it doesn't compare so well. The handle is not so ergonmic. The shape is more angular with all sorts of corners and bits sticking out. The blade isn't coated and there's no lanyard (but there is a lanyard hole). Bushcrafters will probably be happier with a Bahco. Gardeners possibly won't feel like they're missing out, especially if they're never used a Bahco or Silky. The Draper is currently significantly cheaper than a Bahco and it makes for a good 'beater'. As such it will probably get used more than my Bahcos.
on 10 April 2012
Simple and easy to use, everything I expected. I have a small garden, with both younger and older trees, the saw works on both, very practical on mid width branches (10 - 20 cm). Specially, when you don't want to start the chain saw on every occasion, this one comes very handy.
on 30 October 2015
Good quality tool as I would expect from Draper. Very sharp and makes light work of pruning, I had a bit of difficulty unfolding it, but I have arthritis in my hands and a fellow gardener who is more able-bodied had no problem getting the blade open. It feels very secure and safe when open, and the fold-away blade prevents accidental damage or dulling the blade when not in use.
on 12 December 2013
I used this for the first time to cut down a tree that was growing too hight etc near my house. It was an excellent tool and made fantastic process through the trunk without any problem. My last draper pruning saw lasted 10 years so it was due for replacement and this was the ideal one.
on 1 June 2011
how did I manage without one of these. ?

I don't know. But if you buy one, buy a decent brand such as Draper
on 15 February 2016
Arrived ahead of time. I often have to deal with fallen trees and only had to wait 24 hrs till I had the opportunity to use this. Really impressed with how easily it dealt with the job. Folds away nicely. Good piece of kit.
on 10 July 2015
I borrowed one of these from a friend to cut the branches from 11 large conifers. It made the job very easy, being able to saw between each branch without being impeded by other branches. It is so easy & comfortable to use that it feels like an extension of the hand! I was so happy with this tool that I bought a new one here to replace the loaned pruning saw & have kept the loaned one myself. I had never seen one of these before & think that it's the best tool for trees ever invented & definitely worth investing in - money very well spent! Try for yourself!
on 15 June 2016
A disappointing product from one of my 'Go To' tool makers, Draper. The first time I used this I was cutting up deadwood for a firepit and the saw kept sticking in the wood, it was fairly slow to cut through and the tip of the blade bent. I bent it back with some pliers but this compared poorly with my Bacco Laplander folding saw, which is more expensive but worth every penny after using this Draper version. Go for a Bacco Laplander folding saw.
on 24 April 2013
Hi,

Just arrived ! Draper Expert...... Can't say I am terribly happy with the build quality. It feels more like a disposable blade.
Now I have only used it once on a thin bit of tree and it cuts fine, not amazing, just fine, like it cuts.

I can't help but feel though that with a little bit of use and this thing will fall apart.
I am certain I will be buying a new one and won't be sending this to get resharpened...... if you know what I mean.
I don't think the blade with take such good of fashioned mending.

Would I purchase again?..... I like decent equipment and don't mind paying for it.
The better half complained about me buying more tools ...... so I went cheap.
So ..... no I'd prefer to buy once or twice in a lifetime and not ten or twenty times.
Therefore no wouldn't buy again ...... and I won't listen to that cheap side of my life again

Buy decent........ buy once ...... worst case scenario buy twice.

This product however is fine for weekend or three user throughout the year ....... nothing serious though just light work
on 5 June 2014
Our last pruner was bought cheaply in a market, it fell to bits when required to cut some overhanging branches, This is much more robust. Should last for years.