Customer reviews

Birkenstock Unisex-Child Rio Sandals Golden-Red 9 UK
Size: EU 27 normal width|Colour: Golden-Red|Change
Price:£32.00 - £61.49

on 27 June 2012
Found a great chiropracter at last and these really are the best shoes for an arch that tends to fall inwards meaning you walk on the inner side of your heel as we do, watch the inner ankles and see if they are held more straight by this shoe, it means your back is better in line and you are less likely to end up with a slightly hunched neck look like me, wish I had known this years ago!!!

They are wide. However I have narrow feet and wear the narrow and wide Birkis and find the wide ones slightly more comfy. Somehow your foot sits comfortably in the middle so I expect my daughters narrow feet with be fine too with this width. Before you send them back for being too wide watch your child walk in them and see if the foot stays in position.

The sizing info says a 12 is a size 30, however when you add a 12 to your basket it comes up a size 31, which is a size 13. I didn't notice the European size on the order as I am not familiar with them and they were way too big.
on 29 January 2013
This is the second pair of these Silver Sandals I have bought for my daughter, specifically for holidays, the straps are very soft, which means no chafing or blisters for her when wearing with bare feet. They are comfy and she loves the silver colour too. Second purchase will definately be buying the next size when needed!
on 27 July 2014
My daughter has an absolute nightmare getting shoes that she likes that fit her wide feet ( I think they're an H ) Amazon was the only place I could find that sold the normal ( as opposed to narrow) Birkenstocks for children, even the Birkenstocks website didn't seem to offer them.
These are perfect, I wish more brands would do a wide fitting as I'm sure my daughter is not the only one to struggle.
They look good too.
on 13 May 2014
EU34 is a 2 or 2 1/2
I ordered a UK size 3 but was sent an EU34
far too small
great sandals though, this would have been my daughter's 3rd pair. Gutted I can't get them in her size.
on 27 August 2013
the best buy ever, an original Birkenstock sandals ,much cheaper than even on Ebay! Very comfortable , goes with everything, my daughter loves them:-):-) I'll definitely buy these again next year:-)
on 3 June 2014
My eldest son has a pair that have lasted two summers. These will fit for this year and that's all..... I have sent back as for the price they are expensive sandals for a limited time to wear...
on 14 May 2014
I got these sandals for my boy (I know it's supposed to be a girl's model but the blue ones do not look girly at all), he loves them. He's wide footeed but these birks, even though are supposed to be a narrow fit, fit him really well. Nice bright colour, a kind of pearly but dark enough to be ok on a boy too, imho.
on 25 July 2014
disliked the sizing, fit was too large and too wide
on 11 April 2015
Very nice
on 5 February 2015
Lovely sandals and very hard wearing, recommend buying slightly bigger.