Customer reviews

on 18 May 2009
I use the 8800 on a daily basis and while it is an excellent Blackberry it is not an excellent phone. First the good points all the Blackberry E-Mail features work superbly, mail synchronises effortlessly and the screen is bright and clear. The voice quality is superb, noticeably better than my previous Nokia and the hands free is loud and clear. The MAP and GPS work well and it takes a memory card for storing Music, Pictures and Videos.

The downsides are as a phone it is no Nokia with fiddly buttons for dialling, along with my companies security policy which means I have to log in with an 6 digit number and letter password regularly is very frustrating. Also text messages do not cause an audible alert unless you set an alert for E-Mails as well which will soon drive you mad. Thus often miss text messages or delay in answering them as there is no audible or visual indication.

Another gripe is the Bluetooth is incompatible with my TomTom 910 and does not peer with a number of cars I have used (Jaguar and Audi spring to mind) meaning I have lost the ability to make hands free calls and receive Traffic and Speed Camera updates.

All in all a great device to use but in conjunction with a phone, not as a replacement. Recently the tracker ball has ceased to work scrolling down after a years daily use (just out of guarantee though!) and it has been replaced with an 8320.
on 23 November 2010
The Blackberry's good, so glad I bought my 1st bb pay and go.
The best thing about it is the bbm [blackberry messenger].
The fault is.. sometimes it freezes and has no camera.
I love a phone that has a camera. So will be saving for the BB torch.

See one answered question