on 8 December 2012
we have just bought this box for our 8 year old granddaughter, it is beautifull. it would suit any age really it's like a travel jewellery box, it's really well made, but if you order one check it well as the first one that arrived the lid was not fitted on right but the replacement is perfect, i have checked on other web sites and this one is selling at over £30.00 we paid £15.60, she likes grown up things so i am sure she will love it, it arrived fast and well packed, the small lided compartment will be perfect for her earrings. it also has a small padlock and key and is the kind of catch that a small child can manage, most childrens jewellery boxes are made of cardboard and paper covered some have stickers on they don't last long she has had two or that kind already, but this one is very sturdy and covered in a leather look, and it should wipe if it gets anything on it, very pleased we choose this one, i think it will still look for years to come, hope this is of some help,
One person found this helpful
on 21 June 2014
This jewellery box is really lovely. It's cream with embroidered flowers and butterflies in a pretty shade of pink, and there is an embroidered butterfly charm on the top too. It's a good size and has just the right amount of compartments inside. My daughter has been given some special jewellery for her first birthday (for when she is older), and this has been bought to store this jewellery - it's perfect for this purpose as it's very pretty and will look lovely in her room but will also last though the years as it isn't babyish at all. I am tempted to get one for myself! The clasp is secure yet easy to open, and it also comes with a lock and keys.
on 15 June 2009
I bought this jewellery box for my 9 year old daughter and was very envious, in fact I fancied it for myself. The item came very well packaged so ideal for a gift. The box itself is very beautiful, sturdy and quite sizeable for earrings and necklaces. If you are a watch fanatic I think you would struggle to fit those in as well as your jewels. All in all a very good buy, very pleased with this product.
43 people found this helpful
on 14 December 2011
I was looking for a Christmas gift for my two granddaughters aged five and four. Most of the one's I saw were made of cheap plastic and did not look like they would last to long. I am so glad that I looked on Amazon. I ordered two and they arrived very quickly. They are well designed and will last for years to come. Absolutely fab. Would give more stars if they we're available. I know my granddaughters will love them.
on 20 January 2013
This was a present for my daughter at Christmas she loved it... The jewellery box is beautiful to look at and is made very well, it looks very girlie but not childish. Inside the box is the same quality it has a lovely mirror inside and a lift out tray which is easy to place back in, there is lots of room to store rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces etc. Overall a very good quality jewellery box which will last for some time, very pleased.
on 13 August 2011
I bought this jewellery box as a present for my granddaughter who is six.
She loved it. The only criticism would be regarding the lock which is a bit
fiddly, especially for little fingers. Having said that the box hopefully
will "grow" with her as its not too childish. All in all a good buy.
7 people found this helpful
on 12 December 2012
I chose this item as a christmas gift for my young granddaughter. She is only 6 so I wanted a jewel box which was pretty but not too flimsy. (That was the reason I decided against a musical box)
The item did not disappoint as it is pink and Girly yet it feels quite robust.
I am hoping she is as pleased with it as I am.
on 27 January 2014
I purchased this for a 9 year old girl who just loved it and keeps thanking me for her present
Looks lovely,we'll built with lots of compartments,it's a jewellery box suitable for older girls
Great size and pretty design
on 11 November 2012
Ive bought this as a christmas present for my 7 yr old grandaughter so dont know her opinion yet.I was going to to get her a musical one with a ballerina but they didnt look solid. I read the reviews on this one and from those decided to buy it. Its extremly well made , a good solid pretty box with its own key and a good price (reduced to 16.99 from 29.99 Im sure she will still love when in her teens.
on 10 March 2014
my granddaughter is nine and this is ideal
for the 9 upwards that are to old for ballerinas
and musical boxes.
really pretty very well made. I would highly recommend this item.
ideal for a present.