Size: Pack of 1|Change

on 25 April 2014
Beware if you take this anywhere to play, everyone will be asking for one!
We first found this game in Greece decades ago. Bought one as a present for family, then others requested it. So we had quite a trade going from Greece to the UK for it. Eventually all our folks had it so everyone plays. We mostly have girls v boys. Kids of all ages can play - the very young can help, the strategy part is beyond them though.
Our various Greek relatives have suddenly become interested in playing it. We lent them ours with the promise of bying them a new set. Would you believe it? You cannot buy this in Greece any more! So we ordered the first of several in the other direction. We must have had ours for 20 years and it was, until lent to the kids this summer, in great condition. Will be interesting to see how long their new one lasts, slightly different colouring but otherwise the same.
Anyone we have played it with has loved it, no two games are ever the same. And we never play just one game, ever. We have played well into the night on summer's eves. Simple to play, difficult to master (largely bacuse you can never remember where anything is, and spades are often difficult to distinguish from clubs, yep they are!). Very entertaining, and of course everyone loves chucking someone else off the board!
I'd purchase again in a heartbeat.
on 28 April 2017
Love this game so much! Up to 4 players but can be played with 2. My niece aged 8 enjoys this as do my step sons aged 12 & 13, however we love playing it too so it's for pretty much any age from 7+ Games don't last too long so kids are kept engaged and it challenges them just enough. Would highly recommend this game, we get so much use out of it!
on 30 November 2016
Played this game at a friends and then came home and ordered it. Love the fact it can be a two player game up to larger numbers too. A more challenging evolution of connect 4. Many happy evenings. It also does not matter if you do not 'like' cards, this is a different type of card based game.
on 27 August 2015
Bought this as a family game on recommendation by my in-laws. Brilliant game, requires a bit of strategy but easy to learn and both kids (ours are 9+) and adults love it.
on 23 June 2015
This is a great board game to get out after dinner and play if there is nothing on TV. It's not at all taxing with just enough strategy needed. The supplier was a bit disappointing however as it took a very long time to be dispatched despite it saying in stock - when I enquired about that I was told that they were still waiting on their supplier, so not therefore in stock. Naughty.
on 25 March 2013
This game can be played at different levels. My husband and I played it for the first time on holiday. Once the rules are understood (and they are not that difficult really!) it proved to be quite absorbing and not a little competitive!
I could see it being played by a family with older children - say 10+ although I am not sure how well it would work in 'teams' as we haven't tried that yet!
It is well made and, as games of this sort go, good value for money.
And it doesn't take too long so several games can be played in an hour.
We like it.
on 3 May 2015
My husband and I played this game for the first time at a friends home recently, and loved it. It was easy to pick up, but we became better at planning and strategy as we played each game. The game keeps your interest, but doesn't go on and on, as some games of strategy do. You then finish the game and want to start another. Had to buy our own game so we could practice!
on 29 November 2015
Love this game! I was introduced to it by a friend on a recent games night, and I was immediately hooked. It's heaps of fun - whatever age - and it involves strategy and gamesmanship. Lots of laughter and (though the instructions make it seem very tricky) is very simple to play.
on 3 February 2016
Knew what I was buying - had played sequence before. It's an amusing game -a card game on a board - think camping, wet afternoon, even after dinner. It doesn't take too long to play. Suitable to include children [from 6+ ?] as it can be played in pairs. The version delivered comes in a compaction where the board is folded - I appreciated this for storage
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 May 2017
I really enjoyed this game. It's fun and easy to play without being boring. Suitable for all ages and abilities. It's a perfect gift for someone who enjoys card games.