Price:£24.99+ Free shipping

on 8 August 2010
An excellent buy. Simple, basic deep fat fryer - which delivers exactly what it promises. Makes super chips. Easy to operate and a breeze to disassemble for cleaning! Great value.
on 30 March 2010
I purchased this deep fat fryer to make potatoe chips for my husband who loves them. He usually has oven chips but owing to my freezer breaking down "no chips" so decided to revert to the old method of deep frying. I didn't want to go to any serious expense so elected to purchase this fryer. When it arrived I was very impressed indeed, it was everything I liked, especially the moveable fat container for easy cleaning. It oaused great excitement when I proceed to make chips the old fashioned way but with this fryer is was a delightful experience. Even the price of this item was good and as far as I'm concerned it is good value for money. My eldest son loves deep fried fish so I intend to surprise him when he next comes home for a visit.
33 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2011
Arrived punctualy and well packaged. First impression was of a shabby, badly made and flimsy object .... FAR from it! Dont let your first impressions cloud your judgement. It heats up very fast and once it gets some oil in its suprisingly sturdy. The sides get hot, so beware. Only fault is the handle, nowhere to put it except fold it into the oil when not in use and the lid is on. Please note, you need to pull the handle over the bit of square wire to secure it ... i didn't the first time. All in all, a great fryer, people are complaining about there being no 'waste oil tap', but i realy can't see anyone getting a hernia from lifting 3litres of oil ! Fryer easily comes apart for cleaning. I dont think you should take any notice of the reccomended 'change oil after 10 usages' either.
on 20 September 2011
Being a Coeliac (gluten Free) I am unable to get chips from the chip shop and have missed them.I looked at buying the new Tefal fryer but started to read all the AMAZON reviews. I cannot risk it setting on fire so decided against and began to look for an alternitive. I have got to say this is the bee's knees. It is easy to use, cooks well, gets hot quick and I cannot stress how pleased I am with it...

AN ABSOLUTE BARGIN AND A CRACKING PIECE OF KIT. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND AND IF YOU READ MY OTHER REVIEWS, IF ITS RUBBISH I WILL SAY SO. X
on 27 November 2010
The best deep fat fryer I've ever had! It so easy to use and clean. I think the only draw back is the arrow on the dial is hard to see, but other then that it makes chips and with it have a thermostat you can't over heat the oil so no chance of you burning the house down?
on 2 January 2011
The fryer is basically just that, no fancy bits but does its job very well, it is easy to clean and overall I have been very happy with it.
on 19 December 2011
I bought this after having spent a couple of years having those awfully tasting oven chips. I did have a Tefal deep fat fryer some years ago but it became so filthy that I binned it as one couldn't clean it properly. This stainless steel fryer is fantastic. It heats up very quick and I had some superb chips in about ten minutes of frying. It is very easy to clean as the electrical box and element is all one unit which sits on the back of the tank and is easily lifted off. Also the bowl that contains the oil just lifts out and is able to be cleaned very easily. You will need a minimum of 3 litres of oil for this baby. I bought two litres and had to go back to the shops again. Just a tip. If you want to clean anything that holds cooking oil and it gets difficult to remove, use some washing soda crystals in hot or warm water. Moves stubborn grime fast.
on 30 January 2011
We have used a similar deep fat fryer for some time but this updated version is more sturdy and the control panel seems to fix more firmly at the end and is easier to keep clean. The lid has cut outs at both ends which allow the lid to sit directly onto the unit keeping some smells down. Overall it seems a very good piece of equipment and since using it there have been no problems.
on 22 March 2011
basic deep fat fryer that does all you can want without fancy controls that may go wrong. heats up quickly and chips are spot on, good piece of kit
on 19 June 2011
This is the first deep fat fryer that I've owned so maybe I'm not an expert. But this fryer has all the features that I would want - a good size, it frys!, temperature control, easy to disassemble to clean - at a fraction of the cost of a similar Magimix one

See one answered question