1,017
Size: Egg Toaster and Egg Maker|Change

on 14 April 2013
Life had lost all meaning.... my days were dark and lonely and my mornings were hard to face. Before a long day at work, I seldom had time for a nutritious egg based breakfast and when I did, I only had time for a fried egg at best, the fall-back solution to a speedy hot breakfast. I didn't know where to turn, the end was surely near...

But then, glinting in the darkness of the attic, I spotted a hidden treasure, an old discarded gift, a gift that would transform my life. I dusted off this mysterious contraption to uncover the embossed inscription; "Tefal egg 'n' toast". Surely not I thought, egg 'N' toast!? could this be the answer to my desperate cry for help? Could this rekindle the joys of breakfast?

I unearthed this curiosity and brought it down to my humble kitchenette/bedroom/bathroom combo and placed it on the counter top. It sat there proudly, awaiting its first use, almost hinting as if it knew some old kitchen secret, lost in the rush of the modern morning.

I examined the plastic measuring cup with great interest. Not only was it tall, sleek and futuristic in appearance, but it was also packed with useful features. On the base, the sharpest little spike for piercing your eggs and preventing certain tragedy. A perfectly fitting, non-slip cover subtly encased this point to decrease any chance of injury or death. The measuring lines were unerringly precise, but to be wavered from only by the experimentalist or the fool-hardy egg maker. Do not be fooled by the meagre volumes of water required as this would surely be the demise of your perfect breakfast.

Now I would like to turn my attention to the control panel. Subtle yet functional, the tactile buttons provide all possible desired operation in an oval splash proof form factor. Bright LEDs inform the operator exactly what the machine is thinking, and think it must to produce food of this quality. To the left of this console, we see the slider, designed to give the utmost flexibility in toast browning technology with a smooth and ergonomic control system. From french toast to halved muffin, the slot aperture will accomodate any depth of bread.

Moving to the auxiliary egg pod, we have an aerodynamic, transparent dome to encase our simmering fruit of the hen. The non-stick goblet, holsters the yield of even the greediest poultry. This labour is facilitated by the thoughtful addition of a non-stick coating, which becomes the only component to require regular maintenance and all of this is encased in lustrous black and gleaming steel coachwork.

The sample produced by this ingenious appliance appeals to the nostrils with it's delectable aroma d'aeuf. Not only is the white cooked to impecable firmness, but it's coupled with an unctuous yolk of just the right consistency. The subtle tones perform a synergetic dance on the palette and juxtapose congruently with the crunchy toast.

This noble invention is essential in any 21st century homestead annihilating the antiquated George Foreman offerings with one punch. Now, I relish my mornings as I demolish my egg 'n' toast and finally I can face the trials and tribulations the day may hurl at me. Shoulders back, chin up, chest out, best foot forward... stomach filled.
on 15 April 2016
I just love this machine! Had it for over 3 years now and it's still going strong. It works well as a toaster but I regularly (2 or 3 or more times a week) use it to make my breakfast "boiled eggs and soldiers". It is fairly simple to work and as long as you follow the instructions you should be fine. Occasionally the eggs are a bit underdone sometimes overdone but that's fine they're edible. But usually they are as Goldilocks would say they're just right. Highly recommend.
on 11 November 2013
I have found this a really great gadget. I found it helpful once I'd worked out the meaning of the watercup and its various markings.
on 13 September 2016
Recently ordered. Yet have used the toaster and egg poacher more than a dozen times already. Brilliant invention with all the eggs done to familys orders. My mother will also be getting one. Was a shame the bagel rack wasn't included but will be purchasing this seperately nonetheless.

I highly recommend for great egg n soldiers and poached eggs. Not convinced about scrambled egg or omelet as think the dish is much to small for that. Even still it's worth the 5 stars.
on 5 March 2016
If you want egg on toast then go for it what more do you want? Oh wait, you can cook beans and sausage aswell, buy it nowwwwww!!!!!
on 12 December 2012
Works well as a toaster but found the egg cooker very fiddly and the eggs almost always came out either overcooked or under cooked.
on 29 August 2016
It's nice, although I find that eggs stick to the cooker when poaching. It makes an absolutely wonderful hard-boiled egg, however.
on 20 March 2012
I was apprehensive, as not a fan of the gadgets overtaking precious counter space, but decided to go for it as the appeal of having an egg muffin in 4 minutes was too much to resist. Simply put, amazing. It really does what it says on the tin, a boiled or poached egg as your toast is grilling. I cant believe I lived without it so long. Great for weekends as you are not making a pile of dishes just for that one egg !! Just measure out the water, add to base and add your eggs, push the button and done.

It comes down to convenience, and I can't believe I let a 4 slice toaster clutter my counter and it doesn't even make eggs. Never going back..

Give it a go- really easier to use, even my husband can handle it. :) Easy to clean, and perfect egg every time !!
on 4 June 2015
This is the greatest product I've ever bought. Use it for boiled eggs and toast. Other functions for beans and bacon also good.
on 9 June 2015
I love it. Eggs taste really good.. The only negative thing is that it only makes one pouched egg. Other than that it's perfect.