on 11 October 2009
lightweight but great quality feel to these scales. do just what it says on the box & easy to set up & use.

once you've been 'scanned', the results scroll around again at least twice (possibly 3 times) so you've got time to note everything down. as long as you use the results as a guideline & don't expect them to be accurate to the last percent (it is only an algorithm calculation not a real body scan at the hospital after all), these will give you everything you need to monitor your weight.

highly recommended model of scales. no hiding from the 'numbers' now!, as long as they keep moving downwards, I'll be happy to keep jumping on every week.
on 10 November 2010
These scales arrived in double quick time, especially as I am I Spain and were delivered free.

Having seen a couple of reviewers complaining about its consistency and accuracy I have give mine a good test in various places to see if it does vary in readings.

Mine showed a steady 85.2kg in 3 rooms, all readings taken on same surface type, tiled flooring. To be really anal about it I then took it to the gym with me where it again initially showed 85.2Kg.

I then weighed myself holding 10, 15 and 20Kg weights and the readings increases accordingly and accurately. Based on these tests I feel quite confident that the ones I have are as good as the manufacturer claims they are.

Things to note of course when you are weighing yourself.
* Be consistent where you place the scales. Make sure they are on a level surface and nothing is beneath them.
* Try to wear the same clothing, just out of bed or the bath is a good idea
* Weigh yourself at the same time of the day, again first thing in the morning is a good time
* Once a week is sufficient, your weight changes with what you eat drink and dispose of so naturally your weight will during the day.

So far as all the body mass etc goes, it is of little interest to me and I wouldn't trust something so basic as this anyway. Having said that it was very easy to set up. There is a loud click when you put your foot on it to wake it up so you know you have placed enough pressure on it and there is adequate time between the scrolling user numbers to stop on the one you want.

If I have a gripe it is that you need to almost jump on it after setting it up before it goes to sleep again, about 5 seconds. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt the batteries for it to remain on for a minute
on 28 April 2010
Looks nice, seems very affordable, but it looks like you get what you pay for. Our own experience was that these scales are effectively useless. Readings varied widely from one minute to the next, the final straw coming when the scales managed to read my weight as 10st 9lb, then 30 seconds later as 11st 3lb, an eight pound variation. Maybe we were unlucky and got a rogue product, but I couldn't recommend these to anyone.
on 8 April 2010
These scales arrived promptly and were easy to set up. They are pleasant to look at and easy to wipe clean. Unfortunately I weighed 2lbs more on them than I did on my previous ones - perhaps I ate too much in the fortnight we were without scales!
on 7 September 2011
These arrived in only a few days and I ordered them on a Friday. Very impressive. A few people have had a problem saying that they only weighed in kg so I was quite worried, however there is actually a button on the bottom of the scales where you can select which scale you want,including stones and pounds. They look extremely good and seem very good quality. Weight has always been consistant when using them on a hard surface as advised. My main moan about these is the display time, it whizzes past so fast you can't really write down the results, even though it scrolls 3 times. It would be nice if it displayed each result a bit longer. And also when you switch them on you have to be pretty quick about getting on them as they switch back off in seconds. Aside from these couple of bearable problems, they are extremely good scales and great value for money!
on 27 February 2010
I bought these after guessing my weight for many years. They do just what they say on the tin, provide your weight, body fat and everything else you probably only need if you are an athelete. I'm quite happy with them and would recommend them, the only down side being that they don't do your weight in imperial measurement, which I would have liked.
on 29 July 2013
These are really good scales, I have been using them for nearly 2 years now but thought I'd write a review now. Until a few weeks ago these had always been used on a laminate floor, I recently carpeted our bathroom with underlay, stood on the scales and had miraculously lost around 1.5stone. Anyway I moved the scales to just outside the bathroom and they were fine again. So becareful of what surface you are using them on. Should be obvious but to be honest I had never thought about it before.
on 3 September 2010
I bought this for its looks. Any kind of fat/water/bone/muscle analysis is going to be weigh off. But you will get some idea of progress if your body composition changes. The weight reading is reliable and the display is clear - even when you're bleary-eyed in the morning. Cycles a bit quickly through the various readings - you can always have another go if you miss them after the third time!

They're not difficult to set up but some instructions would have been helpful.
on 8 January 2011
These are lovely looking scales, when they are not in use, however, when you weigh yourself, the four green lights are so bright that they make it difficult to see the display, and they cycle through the different readouts so fast that it does not give you time to read the results. If I want to record my data I have to get down on my hands and knees to read the display, and often have to weigh myself twice in order to see all the numbers.
on 28 May 2010
Just got my scale today!
It took exactly 3 days to get it...So quite good!
At the moment it works quite well! I think I need to get used to it to be able to read quickly all the information on the Digital screen but luckly it repeats the results 3 times :)

Thank you for such a quick delivery!