on 16 November 2015
I'm one of those who finds it nearly impossible to follow recipes and want to involve personal flair and creativeness, (what a laugh!). I thought this would have been a better way to follow instructions, but it hasn't been the case. I've tended to revert to one line written recipes, there's a much greater choice and to read through stage by stage is better than re-running a dvd. Having said that this does help with techniques etc..
on 27 April 2012
An excellent DVD for me. It has simplicity of ingredients that put together in such a way that I feel that I can cook. I liked the way that Jamie grows his own fruit and vegi and then picks them from his garden and prepares them into meal. I found the tone of the DVD encouraging, where the presenter is encouraging me to grow my own veg and giving me ideas on how to cook it. Also, the pace of the cooking was just right for me and incorporated some explanations which can make big difference in way that I cook meals. As I said before an excellent DVD for me.
on 15 March 2016
The Essex Geezer stars again in this, series 2. This is the summer recipe part of a 2 part series. If you like Jamie and his style of cooking then you will love this too.
One person found this helpful
on 15 October 2016
Very happy with item. I watch this series on television and that is why I wanted the dvd as I wanted to try Jamie's recipes. Being able to follow every step that Jamie makes just by pausing the dvd player is great. For me, the dvds are just as good for entertainment value, even if you don't want to cook and learning about gardening at the same time keeps me interested.
on 13 February 2009
Contrary to what someone has said, the seven episodes here are different to the 12 episodes on the series one DVD. The 7 episodes here are:

1) peas & beans, 2) strawberries, 3) summer brassicas, 4) summer salad, 5) rhubarb, 6) pickles & preserves, 7) pizza

Highly recommended!
28 people found this helpful
on 25 February 2016
Haven't tried the recipes yet, sure they will be okay. Wish he wouldn't act so stupidly American though.
on 15 February 2016
As always Jamie Oliver never fails to me.
Great DVD
Arrived on time, dvd in perfect condition.
on 17 July 2011
So not disappointing at all, we love(d) it!
If you're a fan of cooking, gardening etc, this is a great DVD
we watch it with our grandchildren who love Jamie 'All of it' too
Very inspiring
love his ease, beautifully done, so very Jamie Oliver
but then, we're a bit of a fan, although no need to be fan of JO to enjoy this DVD
will buy his other Jamie at Home dvds in future too
can totally recommend
on 26 February 2014
Been a massive fan of Jamie since his 'Naked Chef' days. The guy is a culinary genius who gets everyone excited about cooking, no two ways about it! Legend!
on 10 June 2011
I live overseas and wanted something in English to watch and remind me of home. If my children catch me watching it they want to see it too.They consider watching an episode a treat! I have bought the other 2 DVDs now as well. We all love his style andsmall snippets of advice about growing things and then how to cook them. It has really inspired us and we have tried some recipes and also planted some veg ourselves. It has also helped my near teen faddy -eater to be a bit more interested in food. Bonus!