TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 October 2016
Nice quality sweet but at £4.48 for a box of 14 chews they are a bit expensive ...works out 3 for a £1. Yeek. Maybe an occasional treat. I bought then because I find ginger very settling on my digestive system but there seems little choice with ginger sweets. These initially appear to be hard candy. Each sweet in a good size rectangle. They then become very chewy and stretchy. They do have a good ginger flavour and are quite fiery in the room of my mouth which I like - woke me up at least! Expiry date 18 months ahead. Box is 84g The kcal for 100g is 379 which appears to work out at about 22 kcal each approx by my calculations. Nutritional info says per 100g fat 2.5g. Carb 89g of which 58g is sugar. Salt 0.05g.
on 28 January 2016
Wow! Genuinely didn't expect much from these. I have trouble with travel sickness on most forms of transport. I had a 3.5 hour train journey and was concerned I would feel unwell so bought these. When I started to feel a little sickly, I had one and almost instantly I felt better. I knew ginger was good for sickness but I was very impressed. They have a strong ginger taste and are warm on the tongue, and do get stuck in the teeth somewhat but they did the job brilliantly. I will definitely use these again.
on 13 January 2018
I could cry from happiness. I usually am so violently ill on plane rides and this cleared it up. I chewed on one at the gate before boarding and then one before taking off. And it worked. I’m so happy and grateful. Just as it’s very sticky bring a toothbrush and paste because you don’t want it on your teeth for 12+ hours. Thank you
on 10 June 2017
very good buy good for travel sickness
on 4 November 2017
i unfortunatly suffer from aweful car sickness and motion sickness while playing games, after trying medication and herbal things nothing worked, i decided to give Gin Gins a try and they worked wonders but just be aware that the ginger taste is every strong and can catch you off guard the first time you try them
on 3 February 2016
Very strong but effective. They are good and taste pretty good if you are a real keen lover of ginger, if not then I would recommend cutting or biting into smaller pieces as these are very strong and take some getting used to. I would definitely recommend to anyone suffering from pregnancy sickness and that can stand the strong taste.
on 31 August 2017
Very good product. Sorts out minor tummy troubles, nausea, travel sickness etc. Delivery first class
on 9 November 2013
I have been off ginger products following my last pregnancy when I over-did them to manage my morning sickness. But I am feeling very sick again with this pregnancy and in a moment of desperation, thought I would give these a go. I am very impressed! They are stronger in ginger flavour than other products (such as ginger biscuits) and do seem to manage my nausea whilst I eat one - it comes back soon after but even a few minutes of relief is worth it! The soft and chewy texture is also amazing. They are a bit pricey for the amount you get in a packet, but because they are so strong, I only need to eat 1/2 a sweet a time so the packet will probably last a little longer.
on 24 May 2017
I have used these for years and was very disappointed when Holland and Barrett stopped selling them. They are excellent as always.
on 18 April 2015
These are my favourite vegan treat warm, spicy and comforting with a powerful ginger kick and a great texture that makes them last a long time. You don't get the pouch as pictured, you get them in the standard box all individually wrapped within. As a product I adore them, I just wish the price was more reasonable as sadly you don't get many for the cost.