on 27 July 2009
Haven't been using it for long enough to say if it works, but the nutritional info speaks for itself!

Just had to fight back against these reviewers complaining about the taste. The banana one IS yummy (it's the only flavour which I'm sure is vegetarian, be warned the strawberry one isn't), it really does taste like a banana smoothie, even when just mixed with water (best if using ice cold water). I only mixed it with a fork and there weren't any lumps at all.

The shake kept me alert all day (probably because I'm not used to caffeine though), and I certainly didn't feel hungry. Costly (cheapest on eBay, sorry Amazon, but I bought it from Boots because I'm impatient and don't really trust strangers on eBay when it comes to health products).
88 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 July 2014
Exactly the same product you buy directly from Maximuscle. Whether it's doing anything for me, who knows? This tastes pretty good though - similar-ish to Nesquik banana flavour if you take it with milk.
on 5 May 2016
I like this product it definitely gives me more stamina to go to the gym just hate the price tag and feel I pay a lot more for the name but what can I say it works as long as you are doing a healthy weight loss diet and are exercising..
on 9 March 2013
Loosing weight isn't easy, and it especially isn't easy if your going to complain about the taste of a weight loss product. However, you do not need to fear, as the Banana flavoured Promax Diet shake is for you.

I would add two scoops of the shake followed by ice cold water after a work out session and be more than satisfied. The taste reminds me of my child hood days with Nesquick milkshake.

The product works excellent, especially if your using it right. I drank twice a day, one in the morning as a replacement for breakfast, and one after a heavy work out session, and the weight was falling off me.

Obviously this was with a highly routined, strict and balanced diet.

It would be hard to say this product does not work, or that it tastes bad. Loosing weight is never fun, and ultimately if your going to moan about the taste of the product, loosing weight is not for you, as you have fallen at the first hurdle, before you have done anything else. If you want this product to work, you need to keep your diet in check, im not here to discuss what that may or may not be, as it may be common knowledge to most people, however if you feel your not benefiting from this shake, your doing something wrong, and i would recommend talking to an advisor at a Gym.

Excellent product and excellent value.
on 7 March 2012
Good product, using it for over a month now. Banana flavour is OK but strawberry flavour kicks banana's bottom. Gives you a slight kick of caffeine but nothing that would give you insomnia - at least I did not have any problems.
on 25 March 2014
The first thing that I have to say is that this tastes awful, I resorted to downing it and having a glass of juice or sweet tea on standby to get rid of the sicky flavour that it left in my mouth. It also turned my stomach for a while afterwards. Truly the worst protein shake I've ever tasted.

On the plus side this delivers lean protein and has helped my gains over the past 4 weeks. Glad that I have now finished the tub and can get something else. I'm currently trying Sci MX Ultra-whey Chocolate and it's very tasty.
on 17 October 2013
I have used this for nearly two weeks. Excellent product, I wanted a tasty nutritional drink that I could take in the day and I was worried about my energy levels but with this I am truly full with this and don't think about snacking. I have notice considerable loss around my tummy. Would recommend:)
on 21 July 2013
taste this is bannana flavour which i normally love however it is sickly sweet with the most awful after taste which just will not go away leaving me eating and drinking JUST to get the awful yuch out of my mouth. do not buy this product . one star only because i had to and the delivery was prompt.
on 15 July 2012
Promax is great after a gym session or a training run, but it really comes into its own followng a heavy night out.

I found out by accident that Promax stops the craving you have for fatty foods after a session. It also puts back lost nutrients and minerals......

I know it isn't supposed to be for a hangover cure, but hey when needs must!!!!
on 30 May 2014
I actually purchased this product by accident but couldn't return it as it was a health and beauty product so I thought I would give it a go anyway. It tastes exactly like a lovely, thick milkshake if mixed with only 250 mls of very cold water. Warmer water or more made it less enjoyable for my tastes. It works really well before an early morning workout and I've even used it as a breakfast or lunch replacement meal to good effect. Lost 4.5lbs in the first week I was using it! Can't say that'll happen for everyone, but it worked well for me. I received the other product I meant to buy which is aimed specifically at women and it isn't as good as this one, either in taste or efficacy (ie it just doesn't keep me feeling full and it is distinctly powdery). I would recommend this to anyone looking to get leaner or lose a bit of weight but still wants to be able to work out hard!

See one answered question