Flavour: Mixed_Fruits|Change

on 19 June 2017
Great stuff, not too sweet or acidic like some and suits me, unlike the sis stuff that makes me want to hurl on a long run. The protein is nice too for recovery, it even mixes with milk for a shake but that's supposed to slow absorption.
The tub is huge though so be warned.
on 6 August 2016
I love all the High5 products I've tried. I use this when I get in from a long run. I found it really hard to find a 4:1 carb to protein drink for after my runs so I was really excited about this stuff. I'd recommend this as a post workout drink to all runners. It has electrolytes too!
on 6 May 2017
Great for long rides, good carb drink, does the job for me. Not a hydration drink and doesn't taste too sweet!
on 8 February 2014
I was using this for several years prior to a break in sport due to serious injury. I am now back in full training and this product is as good as it was before. Great for both during and after training as a recovery drink due to the Whey protien contained in it.

Great price from Amazon - seller was quick to turn my order around.
on 19 May 2017
Easy to mix, tastes delicious and keeps the legs pumping!
on 11 March 2015
I have been using SIS and fancied a switch for this year after trying a sample. I used it on a ride on Sunday which I rode also last week. Ride prep was the same but the difference was I used High5 4:1. 60 miles later and at the end of the ride I still had a good set of legs on me on the last hill home plus clamed a KOM and PB! A fantastic ride and some may say a lot of veribles, but I am very happy. It can also be used in recovery which I found is a lot softer on the guts than most other products. A great product. Fast delivery and a competive price. 1x happy rider. :)
on 20 June 2012
Did several days riding in France in terrable conditions could of not done it without it Will carry on using it Good product
on 6 July 2013
This product is great it doesn`t taste sweet like most leading brand energy drinks. After a little bit of research I believe that High 5 4:1 is the only product on the market that contains carbohydrate, protein, and eloctrolytes. These ingredients were essential to help me train for an Ironman. Before taking the product I always felt tired and lacked the strength to go into my next training session fully recovered. This product has helped me to train harder, and recover quicker!!!
on 7 March 2011
I'm trying to improve my cycling and nutrition is hugely important. Before, during and after exercise all needs to be considered, sometimes with different products. I tried a starter kit from a different company with three different powders, but didn't like the taste, or the fact that the powders all contained aspartame.

I then ordered 1.6kg of Energy Source 4:1 in summer fruits. Unlike many sports drinks it contains protein, which means it can be used as a recovery drink as well as during exercise. It also contains electrolytes to replace any lost in sweat. The taste is good, a bit like a raspberry flavoured ice lolly, but the biggest difference is that it goes down very well, whereas the previous drink I tried always felt as though I was having to force it. It really feels as though it keeps me going longer as well, rather than losing energy part of the way through a long session on the bike.

So for a good all-round product, which really seems to keep me going, I give Energy Source 4:1 a pretty solid 4 stars.
on 11 January 2014
I do a lot of training for triathlons and have always used this to help with energy levels during competitions. I would highly recommend it. Amazon do a quick service.