Customer reviews

on 6 April 2012
I bought this unit at the end of 2011 and fixed it up between two fairly narrow walls in the corridor. That said, it was nearly at full extension, perhaps rather wider than you might expect in the average doorframe. Over a period of about 2 to 3 months, a definite bend developed in the bar and in the end I abandoned it because it started to feel unsafe - BTW I am 13 stone. Anyhow, I contacted the vendors, and they replaced it immediately without quibble - I was most impressed with the way they dealt with it. I have installed the new unit in the same place, and so far it is standing up well so hopefully I was just unlucky with the first unit - and don't forget, I had it out at very nearly full extension...
on 10 October 2016
brilliant, doesn't leave a mark, and is very secure,
using it for reverse row and i weigh 15 st
on 9 March 2011
This is a terrific product: robust, simple to set up and just as easy to take down and stow away. The only limitation is that you need a pretty wide doorway if you want to use it to do wide-grip pull ups - but then it is called a chin up bar and for those, it's excellent.
on 19 December 2014
Very Nice product is exactly as described only problem is bar is quite thick but still good. Thankyou.
on 30 April 2009
That seems to be the question... and the answer is no, you do not need to screw the bar into the wall / door frame. The bar, with it's hard rubber ends, telescopically expands to snugly and safely fit into place. The included screws and cups are for additional security, but from other reviews I've read seems to be splintering the door frame.

I have secured my bar in my hallway (serves also as shirt hanging space) where there is a solid wall either side - the only place in my flat where there are opposite solid walls, so I discovered. A friend secured his on his roof between two chimney stacks which looks rather ace... as do our new shoulders.
11 Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2008
This bar is great as you can fix it to your door without needing to drill any holes for the bracket mount.

However, the bar is quite wide in diameter so need good sized hands. Still, I'd say you need to get a training glove (leather best) to get a good grip as I found myself slipping off. With the leather glove, I am now having a great time working out
22 Comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 December 2010
I was looking for a decent telescopic pull up bar as i didnt want to be screwing into anything and ruining woodwork or walls. Thankfully, and i did quite a bit of looking around , i found this pull up bar which worked perfectly for where i wanted to use it. I can extend the bar above my staircase between two solid walls and it is extended TIGHT and will not budge, however if you do this its good to always see if you can tighten it again before you use, this isnt a nuisance its basically 'making sure'.

The product comes with brackets and screws if you want to fix it to your doorways or wherever suits your needs.

As i say, SOLID telescopic bar and really in my opinion is what is should be bought for
on 18 August 2010
I enjoy using this product. It comes with scrues for extra security, but you don't need them to install it in the door. Unlike the picture it does not have any rubber on the stick for better grip. I dont have any problems holding on to it eventhough there's no rubber. The length of it can be changed quite a lot, but if you have an average door then it will fit perfectly. You have to make sure that the door it self is solid and can take the pressure of the stick on the sides of the door. The product was ready to be installed from the moment it came trough the door, easy to use. 100% kick ass product :p
on 30 April 2014
Like others, I found it difficult to work out how to actually extend the bar in the first place to put it up. Other reviews simply said "twist both bars" or similar, which is true once you can actually access the second bar, but the product comes entirely un-extended, so here's what to do:

One of the ends has a rubber ring around it (not the very ends which will turn indefinitely, but the inner end of the bar has a metal end and a rubber end). Twist that rubber ring - it's quite tricky at first - and slowly but surely it will start to extend. Once the bar inside is extended enough to reach, you can twist it directly, which is much easier.

Four stars out of five because it would have been great to know this information from the start, rather than having to work it out; the instructions really are of very little help.

Assembly aside, the bar works well. It's fastened in place without the use of the supports and now all I need is to start actually working out!
on 18 June 2010
It works fine, my weight is about 180 pounds. You twist it into the wall (no screws needed!!) and it doesn't really leave any marks either which is great.

I recommend it to anyone wanting to do a bit of a workout at home, easy to put up and take down and it feels safe - sometimes I don't even twist it in very hard at all and it still takes my weight fine.

Was hard to find something like this without screws and that I could trust would work, especially with all the mixed reviews. But this one is good.