Customer reviews

Love this thank you
on 27 August 2017
Very good.
on 13 February 2015
Love the album, though it could've done with a few more uptempo songs. But very good nevertheless.
on 7 February 2015
Great band and very good music. I love it.
on 27 December 2007
Ok... first off, sorry for the cheesy title!!!
Right, One Republic's album Dreaming Out Loud is one of the hidden gems of 2007! I first heard Timberland's remix of Apologize and was blown away by it, there were brilliant lyrics, the beat was enjoyable and the song became extremely enjoyable to listen to.
I found out they had this album, which to my surprise only came out in the USA last month, I bought the import (not sure when the UK release is) and listened it to the first time just now!
It is a special album, each song is a different situation, a different world and with the spirit of the band this album is very very good.
The original of Apologize is just as good as the remix- bit more of an acoustic version but good all the same. The other songs are the same or better.
The album includes the remix from Timberland as well... (thought I would mention!!)
Anyway... buy the album, listen to the album, enjoy the album and tell other people :p
on 24 March 2008
This is a really good album and I believe will do for OneRepublic what Hopes and Fears did for Keane.

If you like Keane or Snow Patrol and have in the past listened to Train and MB20 then I believe that you will enjoy this. It is well produced, has good variety, is extremely easy to listen to from start to finish and thankfully a decent length at 60 minutes. Nearly all the tracks can stand up for themselves but the primary ones for me are the two singles (Stop and Stare and Apologize (both versions)), Say, Mercy and Prodical. Why not 5 stars? Well it is just not mind blowingly different, just a brilliant piece of pop/rock. Enjoy.
on 17 June 2008
I listened to this album on my flight back home as part of the airline's on demand audio. I could not stop listening to it over and over again for almost the entire 13 hours journey. And one of the first thing I did when I got home was to buy this album.

I just simply could not find better words to describe how beautiful this album is.

It has been a while since I come across talent like this. It's just fantastic.
VINE VOICEon 6 April 2008
I heard one song "Someone to save you" a few months back on the radio and I thought it was great, but never knew who it was by, then I heard a few more songs featured in an episode of Smallville (which always features great music by relative unknown bands) and I thought they were awesome, so I had to look them up and find out who they were, it was "One Republic".
I knew I liked a few of the songs, so I thought I'd chance buying the album, but I was thinking, like on so many albums today, that other than the featured radio promotion songs, the rest of the album would probably be rubbish, but I am thrilled to say I was wrong. The whole album is amazing! I cannot stop listening to this album, it is stunning from start to finish with every song featuring stunning music and meaningful lyrics. I find it hard to pick a favourite, but I particularly enjoy "Mercy", "Stop and stare" and "Someone to save you".
If you have good taste in music, buy this album, you won't be disappointed!
on 30 October 2007
Ive listened to the bulk of their album tracks on Myspace and all i can say is these guys are phenomenal. They've managed to come up with a quality first album my favorite tracks being Stop & Stare and Apologize but to be honest their all good tracks and you would be a fool not to buy this album heart and soul went into it !
on 15 August 2010
Like many , I was introduced to these guys through the timbaland collaboration. I'm not a timbaland fan and frankly i wished he'd disappear, he seemed to crop up everywhere around 2006/ 2007. No artist was safe!

But, I loved Apologise and decided to give these guys a go when I listened to a few samples of their music. I loved it. It's the sort of soft-rock music that Coldplay, Keane, Embrace offer.

The lyrics are great, really thoughtful and sincere. The music is great too. They really deliver the goods. I'm glad I gave them a go, this album was worth picking up for Coldplay fans like myself awaiting some new material. If you liked Coldplays x and y then I think you'll like this. The sound of the album reminds me of that album for some reason.

Stand outs are the original version of Apologise (though the timbaland mix is tagged on to the end of the album) , All Fall Down, Say (All I Need)- my personal favourite, Stop and Stare, and Goodbye Apathy.

It's a shame these guys go largely unnoticed. If a lot more people heard what they can do minus timbaland then I think they would be received well.