on 10 January 2009
This is an incredible item.

The pen comes with one book (Ozzie & Mac). I still can't believe how well this pen works.

If you touch a word on the page, it reads it to you. If you touch the 'book' symbol on the page, then it reads the whole page.

But it does more - if you touch ANY item on ANY of the pictures (and there are lots of them in the book) then it says a sentence or makes a sound.

My daughter is 3 1/2. She loves this toy and uses it every night.

It also has learning activities at the start (learn the alphabet) and back of the book.

We have also bought the under the sea book which is also good.

Did not have any problems connecting the pen to the PC (running windows vista). - if you buy a new book, you have to download the audio to the pen via a usb cable.

Highly recommended
VINE VOICEon 26 May 2009
Bought this for my daughter as a Christmas present, I've only just got round to down loading my books onto the pen from the leapfrog website because I thought it would take ages and be a pain. I was very impressed with the ease of setup I down loaded 3 books very quickly and it's good to see that you can track your child's learning by reconnecting the pen to the laptop.

My girl who is 4 and a half loves this and she wants to play with it every chance she gets. The fact that the talk along guide praises your child's learning keeps them hooked and learning more.

Really good product and I will be buying more books in the range.
on 30 May 2012
I really like this toy/reading book. Its fun and I like it more than my little one! Hence why it's good for the wrong reasons. I spent as much time playing with it as trying to figure out how the `pen' works. Nice touches with sound effects and illustrations are great. The only thing which was hard to grasp for my child was pushing the pen across the sentences to read the story, either too fast or too slow. Then he would then lose patience and interest and click on random stuff on the pages. Overall it was enjoyed more by me than by the person it was bought for so maybe not worth the money.
on 12 December 2016
Bought for my 4 and 6 yr old nieces.
They love this and it's educational.
Can't go wrong.
on 28 August 2010
My daughter just turned four and loves this toy, she is now bored of the first book and we have had a long wait for the Scooby Doo book which my daughter is looking forward to reading. The batteries don't seem to last long but maybe that was the brand of battery I was using.
Easy to use and load from the computer. I am very impressed so far.
on 8 January 2010
My daughter had this for Christmas (she's 4 in February) and loves it spending up to an hour playing with it each time. I love that I can spy and see what she's been doing and acheiving online afterwards! Love this, easy to use, and just wish the books were just a tiny bit cheaper.
on 16 December 2013
Like this leapfrog tag idea, it lets the kids go through books on their own as well as learning them so much, and it is so much more than just a reading pen.
on 22 July 2013
Bought this for my grandson who is two years old he absolutely loves and it keeps him entertained for hours listening to the stories.
on 21 January 2010
This is a great product for children who are learning to read. It is easy for my 5 year old to use and he really enjoys using it. He like to explore by touching the pen onto the pictures and the character will say something relating to the story. It is Fun! and he loves it.
on 30 March 2009
Great item my 4 year old thoroughly enjoys it. Word pronouciation is good and the voice used on the tag is very 'easy to listen to'

See one answered question