on 11 May 2017
Gave a boost to my old Dell Vostro 200. Very easy to install the processor.
on 28 May 2017
Was not expecting to work as well as it does for the price i got it for. Love it. Works as it is expected and i'm happy.
on 3 June 2017
good for older systems
on 11 March 2017
I bought the 4650 at 3.5ghz was well worth the price for performance
on 21 June 2009
I Have this cpu Overcloked to 3.8@ and only incriesed 4 degrees
Very cool cpu and Gamming wise Is far better than Q6600 quad core beacuse at this moment most of games are not taking full advantage of the quad cores
If you are in to games this is the cpu for you ,If you are in video converting and Music converting by a quad core.
on 8 February 2009
Have a MythTV setup with a server streaming my TV contents and videos to my PCs/frontends. I recently bought a 1080p LCD TV for my living room and a Blueray internal writer for my living room HTPC. Unfortunately when running HD content it was clear that the CPU I had even though dual core was not powerful enough. So instead I bought this CPU. Now I can watch HD content without any problems and I even tried a few more power hungry games and combined with my graphics card it has no problems to deal with these either. So a good buy.
Of course make sure you check that your motherboard has the right frequency so it can power this CPU - check motherboard manual/homepage. I fell into this basic trap and had to buy a new motherboard as well (and I thought I knew something about computers;-)).
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2017
Came in fast and was easy to install :)
on 27 February 2013
Bought for a SOHO VM Server, purely because it was compatible with our existing mainboard, and it works fine. Did have some issues at first, but swapping the existing DDR2 RAM for DDR3 fixed it, and (touch wood) all VMs have been working happily since.
on 28 July 2014
Item failed returned refund recived
on 16 June 2016
Stopped work after 20 minutes. Strongly recommend you buy new ones.