on 11 July 2012
I was weary at first when I got this, as it felt quite flimsy and cheap, however it turned out to work just fine.

I bought this to be used with a guitar pedal and it works perfectly with this adaptor.

I ran into a few problems setting it up so here is how to get around them:

Some things you should look out for is that the plug in is the right voltage for whatever appliance your using (mine being 9v), also that you put the plug in the right way so the + and - are the correct way (this makes sure the polarity is right), then you must get a flat-head screwdriver and turn the voltage wheel on the back of the plug to match your appliance and the plug in you have selected.

The delivery was very fast too.
on 29 July 2011
Universal Regulated 500mA AC/DC Adaptor Power --DC500R

This variable power supply with multiple connectors and both polarities is an excellent device. Firstly it has an assortment of voltages which are easily selectable from the underside of the plug. Next, this has the highest current rating I could find for the price I was prepared to pay. 500mA's is high. This means it won't cut out when heavy current devices are connected but most home devices shouldn't need this much current but it's handy to have if you are going to use this adaptor for lots of different devices. Next, it's regulated. This means it supplies a steady and constant voltage and current independent of load. Sensitive devices don't operate well when the voltage supply and current vary so this feature helps. Then there is the cost. It's under a tenner, this is brilliant. It arrives quickly, it versatile and it's cheap. Very good product all round.
on 11 December 2014
Universal Regulated 600mA AC/DC Adaptor Power (OR-AD600) - Arrived very quickly indeed, so FULL MARKS to the seller for that.

However, please note that this is a "Switch Mode" power supply, rather than the traditional "linear' power supply.

I bought this to replace a power supply for a small high quality audio system that I had removed to power some Christmas decorations. Once I connected the power supply, a great deal of radio interference was caused to the radio section of the hi-fi and to nearby radios, making it unsuitable for use on audio and radio systems and perhaps electronic musical instruments.

Unfortunately cheap "switch mode" power supplies and chargers (that tend to be supplied with most gadgets these days), are poorly designed,omitting the necessary suppression components for low cost. This can cause all sorts of noise problems for audio and radio systems.

I therefore moved the original 'linear' power supply back to the audio system and used this power supply on the Christmas decoration. It certainly does power the Christmas decoration well but, of course, causes noise and interference to nearby radios.

To conclude; Super speedy service from the seller - excellent. The power supply itself is suitable for low power lights and decorations but, as with all 'switch mode' power supplies, I would not recommend use on audio systems and definitely do not use a switch mode power supply to power portable radios. Get a good linear power supply.
on 18 May 2011
Nice compact adaptor, with a range of voltages and connectors. Check it does the voltage you require, check the output current is sufficient for your needs (should be stamped on the electrical device you are wanting to power), and, if these two check out, you won't be disappointed.

For the price, I'd be surprised if you can find a better adaptor.
on 7 April 2010
To quote a well known advertiser "it does what it says on the tin". The output voltage is regulated, independent of load - very useful.
on 6 June 2011
So they call it an adaptor, I call it a transformer!!. Does what it says, well made, solid, silent, can't fault it, would buy another. Excellent...
on 20 March 2012
My son uses our exercise bike daily so when the adaptor wire snapped we needed to replace it fast but didn't really know if a universal adaptor would fit our particular needs. We matched up the power requirements between the broken adaptor and this one and hoped that one of the connectors would fit. The adaptor arrived very quickly and we altered the dial to the right voltage, attached the correct mini socket and hooked it up. It works perfectly which is a huge relief because it's an expensive exercise bike and I didn't want to have to pay the ridiculous cost of an official replacement adaptor.

Best of all is that I only had to listen to my son moan for three days about his out of commission bike.

The only improvement to this excellent gadget would be a longer wire but that applies to all adaptors I've ever used - official ones and universal models alike.
on 29 October 2011
I use this as a replacement for one that ceased to work. It was easy to select the voltage and use the appropriate connection adaptor. It has the added advantage of having an LED on the back of the plug so you can see when it has mains power.
on 11 January 2012
The product by itself I think is really good and very easy to set. You just have to select the voltage you need and that's it! In addition, it comes with all the adaptor plugs you might need...! 100% Recommended.
on 14 May 2012
The item is very compact and neat, it's easy to set the voltage and to change the polarity etc.........
This product has one major drawback that render's it useless for audio pwered applications (like effects pedals)
and that is there is an audible high frequency whine that comes through the from the power supply into the amplifier. Obviously I tried it in different sockets and different amplifier's, still the same problem.