on 21 March 2014
I'd had trouble finding an adapter with the right combination of voltage, amperage and a negative plug core.

This one fit the bill perfectly:-
- Up to 2.2 amp (2200 ma) but automatically steps down as needed (I wanted 2.0);
- Flexible voltage output (includes a little key like screwdriver for adjustment);
- Plug is switchable between positive and negative centre simply by fitting it one way around or the other (not complicated, find the side of the plug that shows the polarity you want and match it to the arrow on the cable).

Versatile and decent build quality. If I lost this one, I'd happily buy exactly the same one to replace it.
on 31 May 2014
Such a handy little device. This is a pretty decent one because it offers quite a lot of amps (2a) and is more compact than most.
It doesn't run too hot (and seems to profess to be eco-friendly?) build quality is decent - only thing I'd criticize is that it needs a silly key (included) to change the voltage (or a screwdriver). Some can just be moved with your finger. Remember that wrong voltage = bad. Wrong ampage = fine (it'll only draw what is needed. If not enough is supplied it won't turn on).
on 20 March 2013
Excellent charger with six most used adaptors. this would have got 5 stars but the plug to the adaptor on the DC output side does not clip in an occasional pops out - then you have to remember which way in it went (+ an - connections) to avoid damaging your beloved phone/tablet etc. Also the main AC plug is very bulky and has an extra smoother built on the actual wire which I can see may eventually get broken. Bad design all round although it does the job. Made by Uniross whose products used to be well designed - UNIROSS take note.
on 6 January 2010
My radio adaptor blew so this was the only replacement I could find which was 2000mA. It arrived in time. But when I connected it to the radio, nothing happend. There is a +- sign on the head to guide the connection for polarity. So I reveresed it and it worked. What a relief, coz I nearly was going to send it back. The device works okay so far, but the instruction is misleading. If you experience similar problem then try reversing the connection.
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 20 November 2013
These units usually run slightly warm due to transformer inefficiency but not this one.
OK I am not using anywhere near its potential current capacity but even so poorly made adapters tend to dissipate a little heat.
It is worth the slightly higher price compared to cheaper unregulated products.
on 28 March 2014
When the power cable to my network router failed, I was a bit put out ... worrying how I would find the correct voltage with the correct plug to match. This took the guessing out of it as it provides several adapters and variable voltage settings. Cheers.
on 29 August 2011
The transformer arrived promptly, seemed to be of good quality and didn't run hot, unlike the failing one it replaced. Unfortunately the modem I wanted it for failed, so I am now awaiting an alternative use for it. As it is quite flexible, I am sure i will find it useful. But it wasn't easy to find an exact spec. of the voltage range on Amazon.
on 25 April 2013
I use this to power six guitar effects pedals. There is virtually no hum from this power supply. The only problem was that the adaptor did not make good contact with the central pin so I had to insert a small piece of wire to ensure a good fit.
on 21 September 2016
BRILL AND VERY FAST DELIVERY, MANY MANY THANX
on 26 December 2015
this adapter is ok for the price however end bit conectore are a bit flimsy