on 13 July 2017
A good spade after cutting down the blade to suit my needs.
Only bad point was mine came with a few chips out of the handle that need sanding /filling.
on 1 November 2009
Having purchased this spade, i am fairly satisfied with it? I say Fairy,as, being classed as a Digging spade, i expected it to have the top edge of the blade (where foot goes) to be "Overlapped" or have a broader piece of metal there where it is possible to put some weight on it with no prospect of the foot slipping? as it has been my experience for over 40yrs. & countless use of Digging Spades!
Having said that, the blade easily manages a good "cut" on Dry/Heavy soil. With it being Chromed as well, also, helps in having very little soil sticking to it. All in all, it was worth the monies.
on 22 April 2009
This spade is great quality. It's very sturdy and well put together and I'd definitely recommend it.
on 8 May 2009
what's to say? it does everything a spade should do. The government should issue these as personal digging tools its that good!
on 24 December 2009
Very well made spade. Highly recommended. Super fast delivery too. Very satisfied with purchase.
on 11 May 2010
Well I thought I'd buy a proper spade and have one for life like my grandad...no more cheapy Asda ones, or so I thought. In its first session of proper digging, the shaft snapped in half. Not the quality that I was expecting - it is going back as faulty - shame as it had good balance & work ok when it was in one piece
on 14 June 2012
Bought this digging spade for my daughter's other half's Xmas so he has just started using it this spring in the garden of their first house. Sadly and most annoyingly while digging this week the shaft broke! 30 days faulty good date way past but don't feel that this should have happened after such a short working life (and he is not the biggest built person by a long shot so overdoing it wasn't the cause)! Am endeavouring to find on amazon site what to do now!
on 24 December 2012
Nice looking spade but poor quality shaft. I have three of these - two spades and a fork. Two of the shafts are broken and the other has been the shed hardly used. I have found that the cheap ash handles on ebay are better quality.
on 9 March 2012
At last I have a spade that is a pleasure to use. Craftmen made from one piece of stainless steel, with a ash aandle. The wet soil does not stick to the stainless steel, also this spade is lighter in weight than my old iron one.
on 23 June 2014
I purchased this item in April 2011, but did not need to use it until Friday 20 June this year (2014), during the intervening time it had been stored in a workshop. My son was using this for some routine digging in the garden when he struck a large stone and the blade split from the top for a third of the blade length. He was not using excessive force, and the spade was being used for its designed purpose. I will contact Draper but as I have possessed the spade for over 2 years before using it, I do not expect a sympathetic response. As I have indicated in the title, the spade is quite useless. A waste of £24.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse