on 26 August 2010
My husband and I watched this the other night. I had originally got it to show to some close friends in order to increase their understanding of autism. We have a high functioning autistic daughter and I myself have Aspergers. Because of this, I felt quite emotionally effected by watching it. seeing the similarities between most children on show and my daughter made me cry a little as it hit hard somewhere inside. But also to watch the effects of having a child with ASD on the family was something I found quite heartbreaking.
Once watched this film, you will have a good idea of what an autistic child can be like and also of how wide the spectrum and how different each individual with ASD is. It was a draining watch but certainly worth it if you have or know someone with a child on the spectrum. I am not sure it was the best introduction to the world of autism to a complete novice.