Customer reviews

on 20 May 2017
my grandson spends a lot of time playing this .... with me Think i'm a little addicted. It's great for his math.
on 12 February 2015
Simple. Great fun for kids and helps improve/speed their mental arithmetic
on 5 March 2012
We have had a single Shut the Box for a long time and this will add a new dimension to our children's games.
on 20 February 2013
I chose this item because we are getting into games as oppose to watching the TV.

I thought the game could occupy two for an hour, before moving on to another game, but this is a game with dice so is somewhat a game of chance and the arithmetic is basic being able only to add up number.

I would recommend this game to the very young and those who do not wish to think too hard at the end of the day
on 8 January 2015
I bought this as a present for my 6-year old granddaughter and we played it together at Christmas. The box is made of very good quality wood and is very sturdy. I would recommend it as a great learning tool for children starting out with simple adding up but it can also be enjoyed by all ages. My granddaughter loved it but then my son and I played a few games too, so it really spans the ages!
on 8 January 2014
The box (part of the game) was sturdy, but the flip up pegs were in the wrong order. Numbers ran 1243, not helpful when you're trying to help a child learn. However, Amazon gave me a full refund as they were unable to replace the game.
on 1 January 2014
A great game for all ages, especially good at getting the children to think about numbers and work out simple sums. Suitable for all ages and it's easily picked up played and popped away again. No arguments simple fun for the family
on 21 January 2013
This a a great game. A little hard to play with my 5 year old the way it is suggested but other alternative ways are easy to make up and it is a great way for my daughter to learn to add up in a fun way.
on 9 April 2013
I bought this game for my class for wet playtimes. They love it.
Good quality and will last.
A fun game with a certain amount of tactic but mostly simple and addictive.
on 25 July 2014
Excellent. It arrived in time for Christmas and has been played ever since. Really great simple game and useful for mental maths.

See one answered question