Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 June 2008
Well Kids In Glass Houses have definately caused a stir in the scene for 2 years now and ever since they have plagued us with the most addictive and boisterous pop songs written in a while! Their EP release 'E-pocalypse' got the attention they deserved and now they're back! With even more addictively catchy songs to blast out of your stereo! The whole album is very cheery and is one which puts a smile on your face from the moment you press play =]

The opener 'Fisticuffs' is a bold start to the album, the drums are upbeat and hit harder than ever and the guitar riff is catchy as hell......already from the opener your beginning to see what KIGH have to offer! 'Easy Tiger', 'Raise Hell' and 'Give Me What I Want' are familliar from their EP release and still don't loose their edge and will rope you in some more with their upbeat melodies and their monstrous choruses. They follow the same mantra for tracks like 'Good Boys Gone Rad' with the band chanting 'Its easy play D-E-A-D' like cheerleaders and 'Girls' which offers running bass lines and a bouncy uplifting guitar riff with uptempo vocals.

However, this in my opinion, is one of the main problems of this album, the overall sound is 'safe' even though the record itself shows they have potential as a band, the music at times can sound very similar and contrited. Also 'Easy Tiger', 'Raise Hell' and 'Give Me What I Want' also known as 'Me Me Me' making the cut for this album seems like Roadrunner are cashing in on KIGH previous efforts which is a shame really because it doesnt provide anything new for the fans to listen to, however this doesn't detract from the fact that this is a great record.

I mean feel good hits of summer on this album are probably from 'Saturday', 'Lovely Bones' and 'Dance All Night' and are probably the best tracks on the entire album for a simple reason. They are fantastically written pop songs and are the most infectious and feel good songs they have to offer which is what these bright-eyed welsh pop-rockers aim to do! Finally, the closer 'Church Tongue' is probably one my favourites on the album because of the brilliant lyrics, the addictively catchy tune and whats a closer without some 'Na Na Na Na's' to send you on your way!

Not a bad release if I say so myself, but its sure to be one of the most feel good summer anthems this year! And if you get the chance see these guys live! They're amazing! =D

Top Tracks: 'Dance All Night', 'Church Tongue', 'Lovely Bones'
on 22 September 2013
I discovered Kids in Glass Houses in 2010 and I wish I had discovered them sooner. I quickly fell in love with this album as it lifted my spirits and made me feel calmer, and more at peace. I have suffered from anxiety disorders for many years, and Kids in Glass Houses always cheer me up. This album is full of fun, vibrant songs with attitude. Sadly, I suspect this album is highly underrated, and doesn't get as much praise and recognition as it deserves. There hasn't been a new review since 2009 until now, and, considering that more well-known artists get new reviews for old albums all the time, that doesn't seem right. This album should have more reviews, as it is really a pleasure to listen to. With songs like "Saturday," "Dance All Night," "Lovely Bones," and "Girls," this CD cemented Kids in Glass Houses as one of my absolute favourite bands. If you love uplifting, feel-good rock/pop, buy this album. You won't be disappointed!
on 14 January 2016
a strong, punchy debut from a band that got popular and then disbanded and being honest they never really registered with me as they seemed too commercial for me , that being said that is still the case but i have found a real liking for this album. It is a good album when you are out running, nice pace to most of the songs and some good catchy moments for sure. The album tails off a bit towards the end if i am being honest but i have enjoyed this
on 13 October 2009
What a superb album. Every song so simple and each with a brilliant hook and chorus. A mixture of power pop, punk, 80's and more.... A definite guilty pleasure on my part. Can't wait for the new album in 2010
on 30 May 2008
I have been a fan of this band for over 2 years and have been waiting for this album for what seems like forever. And it definetely was worth the wait. It is an amazingly accomplished offering from these young welsh men. In their own words, it's a bit poppy and it's a bit rocky. It's also the perfect soundtrack to the summer.
on 14 February 2014
Despite being old I still love this CD!! Saturday and Give Me What I Want are the best on this album!!
on 16 January 2015
Great album from some great guys. You won't be disappointed
on 9 December 2009
I had onlyheard a couple of tracks by Kids in glass houses before making this purchase, so this review is un-bias! What an album. Awesome from start to finish! Has been in my CD for over a month now and wont be removed any time soon.
on 12 January 2015
Requested by daughter who is a big fan
on 28 January 2015
Good album, good value for money.