Customer reviews

Lessons To Be Learned
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 September 2012
This is just one of those excellent albums with some timeless singles on it, her voice is just gorgeous and a must have for your music collection.
VINE VOICEon 29 March 2009
This album has a really variety of great, catchy songs. I love Gabriella Cilmi's music, and this album reminds me of summer!
on 5 February 2009
Received this album as a present.Some very catchy tunes and completely happy with the Album.well worth listening too
on 24 November 2008
I first heard Gabriella Cilmi when i saw her supporting the Sugababes live and afterwards i went straight out and bought the album and it was excellent. I also saw her on her own tour and she was amazing again. She's a great new talent and deserves to become very very successful especially when you see some of these over-rated singers like Amy (attention seeker) Winehouse and Leona "Yes i can sing but my songs are so dull" Lewis doing well. I bought this special edition even though i already had the original version for the new songs including her cover of Cry Me A River which is better than the original. It's a pity Save The Lies didn't do as well as Sweet About Me when released as a single as i thought it was a classic but this album is loaded with great songs like Don't Wanna Go to Bed Now, Safer, Terrifying and Awkward Game and i urge anybody who likes great music to go out and buy this.
on 11 February 2009
A very varied albumn with some excellent music. A very talented artist. Most enjoyable listening.
on 19 July 2008
She has a great voice and when she does the jazzy stuff it's just right. Pity about the pop songs, they don't play to her strength. Given her age I think this young Australian is heading for big things. Stick to the jazzy stuff though. The single Sweet About Me is brilliant and really shows off the different tonal values of her voice. Album cover is terrible tough - lazy record company design. She needs to establish both a musical style (album's all over the place) and an identity. T-shirt and jeans puts her in a big pool of female singers.
A really good album but a few weak songs. She needs a better producer. Get it right and the next album will go gold.
on 24 October 2008
I bought this on the sole basis of the single 'Sweet about me'
I liked this song and her voice.... I still like that song and her voice but this album truly disappointed me.

The lyrics; nothing clever here, she rhymes everything, Owe, Show. Thunder, Wonder. Night, Bite. Play, Day. Grumpy, Bumpy. Ding and Swing!! and Maybe Baby!! No!! I know she's young but this just goes to show poor inexperienced songwriting and in my mind very lazy!

Her voice is quite pleasant and some of the tunes are nice but the laziness of the lyrics just made me laugh and after about 2 listens it just irritated me...

Maybe she will mature and with some songwriting lessons or a good mentor she will get better but she has not impressed me with this album.
on 27 November 2014
Bought it just for 'sweet about me' and the whole album is great
on 3 March 2015
One hit wonder rest of album is painful
on 3 July 2015