on 18 March 2015
As a musician like Duffy going back 2008 with her hit Mercy this one track made me instantly like her on day 1 and at the time I had purchased the album Duffy Rockferry Deluxe Edition and ever since then the original case was so worn out on the front and the main CD was damaged beyond repair so I bought this album again and this CD jewel case is not like the ones I had seen before and there was enough space to fit the 2nd CD so I added it into this new case and after checking the inlets of both of them I noticed the Deluxe Edition was far superior to the stock inferior inlet to this CD due to full quality photo prints.Considering this I simply made the inlet swap so now with this new case with the 2nd CD I now still retain the Deluxe Edition for a huge fraction of the price for the Deluxe Edition here on Amazon and now everything is in mint condition once again..

That being said Duffy is just one of those very talented musicians that I would happily pay for again.
on 24 December 2014
Welsh songstress, Duffy, is in impressive form on her debut release from 2008. Full of sassy soul, this album demonstrates both the power and subtlety of Duffy's lovely voice; the quality of the songwriting is high with the impressive Top 10 singles 'Mercy' and 'Warwick Avenue' taking centre stage - the utterly superb 'Stepping Stone' and title track 'Rockferry' complete the quartet of 'hits' from the original 10 track edition of this album. One of the most assured performances from an emerging artist this century, I can certainly recommend this LP to anyone who loves dynamic, soul-tinged music.
on 20 May 2017
Great album from Duffy with some wonderful songs. If I hadn't bought the album I would be tempted to buy it just because of tracks such as Mercy and Warwick Avenue.

Entertaining and great chill out music.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 May 2013
It's as if the 21st Century girls are making up for the attrocities of the 1990's girl power dross.

"Rockferry" is a another brilliant album by a female singer songwriter from a generation that includes the likes of Adele, Katie Melua and Amy Winehouse, delivering some powerful material that rivals the best that previous generations could offer, and I am talking about going back all the way back to the 1960's.

"Mercy" is a brilliant hit as is "Warwick Avenue". There really isn't hint of a poor track on this album and it fully derserved it's Grammy and Brit Award.
on 23 December 2015
I love this album, sounds far richer on vinyl, especially new vinyl. The discs are far thicker than they used to be, but they don't have that new LP smell they had years ago, probably better for the environment, but what a smell. Memories.
on 14 May 2017
A nice set of songs!
on 9 April 2017
Couple of great tracks otherwise very average CD
on 27 January 2014
When this album was first released I immediately fell in love with it. I downloaded it in mp3 format onto my computer and ipod, both of which have now gone to that great technology heaven and subsequently lost the album and I swear I will never download an mp3 only version again.. Having recently purchased a portable CD player thought I would treat myself to the CD - at least I will be able to copy it onto my computer and still have the original! I listened to it again over the weekend and fell in love with it all over again.
on 27 September 2017