Customer reviews

Fierce Disco Ii
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 June 2012
Mark Doyle is the doyen of disco mixes and he does not fail to impress on this compilation. Keeps me awake on that long drive home from work and lifts my mood and leaves me wanting to go out just by listening to this well compiled and mixed cd set!!
on 11 June 2008
I love the new CDs' looks -- extremely sexy and wickedly tasty! Sensual lips on Little Fierce II and this powerful scream on the current Fierce Disco 2! The design, the layout, the inlay ­all add up to the new FA's experience! Fiercely stunning!

I couldn't wait until I got home to play the CDs. Fantastic selections!
I am elated.. as I know that on the weekend I had my BD I threw a Fierce Angel Party at my home for my friends.. and we indulged in a lovely conflation of drinks and melodies.. Thank you!
Thank you for letting me have my very own "Angel in My Pocket"..
I love Peyton's "Till You Come Back to Me".. It's been a soundtrack of my Birthday!! Gracious vocals throughout the CD1!

Exceptionally cheerful number "Free, Gay & Happy".. and my favourite tracks: "Break of Dawn", "Do It", "Need in Me" on CD3.

Thank you, Mark, for a fabulous compilation! I would shut up now.. and even won't complain that it lacks new songs.. because itss full of exclusive, unreleased tracks!

I can't imagine the amount of work that went into these creations of yours.. Please, keep it up!
One person found this helpful
on 25 April 2008
This release is the most outstanding yet this year for me. It's very well rounded.
As ever, Mark Doyle and The Fierce Angels family strive to give us the best quality music.
And this time round they win hands down with a lot of amazing disco house tunes.
Thank you and well done guys.
3 people found this helpful
on 11 June 2008
I really wanted to like this straight away and after the rave reviews was dying to get hands on it..received today and the first cd is outstanding..was expecting the same quality on cd 2 and 3..CD2 quite electro , took me a few listens to get into but now quite like it, not instant hit like CD1..CD 3 very dark and twisted and if that's your thing then so be it but not mine...First cd is very reminiscent of old HK releases with uplifting vocal tracks, that's not discounting "Til You come back to me " on cd 2, however CD3 too twisted..Have not been to a Fierce Angels night and if all 3 CD's reflect that and I'm missing the point then I apologise ...quite a lot of new tracks compared to previous FA releases, however my own personal preferences are Beach House/Angel and Disco Heaven of old, as they reflect my taste for most Balearic/latin, and soulful uplifting vocal house, and if you think you will find this here you won't but however don't discount it on first listen especially CD2 as I did ( if you have similar tastes then look to Disco Heaven from HK 2007, never thought would say after last few releases but it's outstanding ).. However I do think this is a tad too commercial in places and CD3 awful ( well to me )..that's why marking down a point but a it is a MAJOR improvement on last years Fierce Disco release..looking foward to BA release next week..!!
3 people found this helpful
on 5 April 2008
Fierce Angel compilations have been really up and down for me since it began a couple of years ago....

However this release of Fierce Disco II is just amazing! There's so much new music (I think I've only heard like 2 songs outta the whole 3 cd's) and it's style and mixes sound more like classic Hed Kandi.

My favourite tracks are:

* Keep Love Together
* Free Gay & Happy
* Last Night
* Tripping On You

And the best track of all "The Boss". Such a fab remix of a classic Diana Ross track. Thanks Mark Doyle for a fab album!
4 people found this helpful