Top positive review
74 people found this helpful
Cracking little mic. No problems encountered at all!
on 2 November 2014
I've had this microwave for a few months now. It was bought in an emergency . . .yes a microwave emergency! (how else could the kids reheat delivery pizza for breakfast the next morning?) it's a live or die situation for them. Sad I know.
Like anybody else I've gone through quite a few microwaves over the years. Paid small fortunes for all singing dancing ones and paid next to nothing for the cheapest one I could find.
Guess what? They all seem to do the same thing! :)
So, I wanted a cheaper microwave and after a quick butchers around good old Amazon thought I'd give this one a good go.
This is a bog standard white microwave oven. It has no grill/browning function and doesn't go nuclear in power. What it is, is small, compact and functional. It does all the basic microwave jobs that you will need!
In the box you get -
- The microwave with the plate
- Instruction booklet
It's a very clean bright white and wipes clean easily with hot soapy water (inside and out). The door shuts/seals well and you might have to hold the mic whilst you prize the door open if you have stiff hands/arthritis. It only has two dials which are -
- Power dial - has 5 power settings from defrost upto 700watts
- Timer dial - from 0 - 35 mins - a bell 'dings' as the timer hits zero
So it's dead easy to use. No clocks, alarms or digital readouts.
- The power cable is approx 45 inches long
- It weighs approx 10 kgs
- The internal width is 11 inches -the microwave plate is 10.5 inches - the biggest dinner plate you can get in this is 10 inches (and no wider!)
So there you have it. There's nothing more to it!
Things you can do in this microwave oven -
- Poach eggs
- Scrambled eggs
- Heat tinned foods such as beans, spaghetti, peas, carrots etc
- Reheat tea/coffee
- Make microwave crisps
- Toast nuts
- Make popcorn
- Melt butter or cheese
- Boil rice, pasta or noodles
- Cook a few rashers of bacon at a time
- Jacket potatoes
- Boil milk
- Dry herbs
- Make a quick chocolate sponge cake in a mug!
and of course reheat delivery pizza from the night before! Anyone think of any more?
This is a cracking little mic which does a first class job. Recommended.