Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 13 March 2017
Bit repititive but maybe this is okay. If you do the full programme, then all the others are snippets of the first. I got carpel tunnel from doing it. Was prone to it anyway. Alot of work on your hands in Yoga. Would be good to have alternative poses for this. Otherwise very good. Breathing is so important in birth so this is beneficial.
on 11 March 2014
This is all you need for your pregnancy to have a great, safe workout. Nice music and Tara explains each movement making it easy to follow. I'm a fairy health person (running twice a week) and I thought I was going to get board of Yoga (all that stretching), but as I was pregnant I had no choice but to throw in my running shoes for yoga! But I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed it. Plus, I found as I got 40 minutes into the workout I was out of breath (with a slight sweat). It's quite intense (just what I like). So, you have the option to go as intense or as slow as you like. I will keep this box set for my next pregnancy. Plus you have baby yoga as well (3rd CD). Not that I had the chance but if I did, it would have been cheaper than going to the expensive baby yoga classes.
on 4 June 2014
I'm 5 months pregnant and have just started using this yoga DVD. I like the movements but I struggle with the transitions. Sometimes she changes position but doesn't tell you so you rush a bit to catch up. Although you can skip ahead on your DVD with some of the movements, I found the whole thing a bit too long. The full practice is just over an hour. Personally I like to be able to choose how long I do yoga for and sometimes I don't have time for a full hour. I like the music, but find Tara Lee a bit wooden.
on 18 June 2013
What a fabulous DVD to use during pregnancy! Tara is an amazing teacher and the DVD is easy to follow (with two options - one with the instructions and one without). She offers alternate postures and all the while cautions the student to follow your own body. The music is lovely and the pace perfect. I recommend this to any pregnant lady out there who would like to gain a deeper understanding of Yoga throughout pregnancy, connect strongly with their baby as well as useful breathing techniques for labour and beyond. Namaste )O(
on 21 August 2012
I bought this DVD set at 4 months pregnant whilst doing pregnancy yoga so I could do more at home in my own time. Also at 5 months started to get bad pains in my hips and I was advised by a physiotherapist to do frequent but small amounts of yoga which is perfect as the DVD has individual sections so I can choose what to do. I decided to buy all three, as it works out to be cheaper and I want to continue with my yoga once the baby is born which I'm looking forward to. The third DVD will be able to help me get back into shape as before I was pregnant I did yoga for 2 years and it helped with my figure. I really recommend this box set, especially if you want to keep supple during and after your pregnancy.
on 6 May 2011
I have only done the pregnancy dvd so far and have been doing this since approx 22 weeks pregnant. I have only been to the odd yoga class so if I can do this dvd then anyone can. I have been struggling with sleep and find that doing this before bed really helps relax.
There are some really good breathing exercises too so anyone not wanting to go to an antenatel class can get a feww tips from here!
on 17 September 2013
The pregnancy DVD is very disappointing. While the instructor, her voice and the postures selected are fine, the dvd is very poorly produced/ edited. There is no flow from one posture to another, and each posture is abruptly cut, followed by the screen with the name of the next posture. At some point, there is literally a cut with the next posture being started from the middle (I think it's a fault in editing). Postures are rushed and there is not enough guidance for breathing in postures - which is a vital part of yoga.
on 28 October 2011
I attended Tara's pregnancy and mother & baby yoga classes at the Life Centre when I had my first child. Luckily, Tara's dvds were available when I was pregnant with my third so I could practice at home. The pregnancy dvd and iphone app really calmed me down when I was in labour and needed to remember how to breathe! The imagery Tara does in the dvd and the visualization with Dr. Motha is very effective and the techniques were invaluable throughout the process. Having Tara and Dr. Motha's advice so readily available was like hearing a wise friend whenever I got a bit jittery.
Now I do the Yoga for You and Your Baby dvd with my baby girl and she loves it! Sometimes my boys (ages 4 and 6) do the practice with us. We don't always finish but we always have lots of giggles! A wonderful way to introduce yoga to your children and bond with your baby.
Beth English
on 15 October 2009
Fantastic. I am new to Yoga and new to pregnancy. Tara's DVD is just what I needed, it has been a source of calm relaxation and has helped keep me flexible and strong. The exercises are well explained and nicely filmed so that it is easy to do them accurately. The music is soothing and appropriate. She is always aware of safety issues and particular conditions like PSD. It feels like she is in your living room with you.

I have had very few pregnancy problems and have remained compact and trim and I'm sure part of this is due to yoga. I have enjoyed recommending it to other pregnant friends. I also had reason to contact Tara through her website and was delighted to receive a rapid and personal response.
on 9 August 2012
I used this pregnancy DVD during my last pregnancy and thinking it was my last pregnancy I gave it away. It helped make my pregnancy pain free and definately helped give me the strength during birth so I have bought it again. I have not had the opportunity yet to try the other two DVD's.