on 27 November 2011
I was recommended this CD by another mum and it is absolutely gorgeous. From the 1st time I played it my son broke into a huge smile. He loves it and it will calm him at any time of day, even if he is having a real crying fit. I don't think it is something that he could fall asleep to as he enjoys listening to it too much, but I haven't yet tried leaving it on. I agree that it would be better without the spoken rhymes but I love all the songs and have to admit to being reduced to happy tears a lot of the time when playing it
on 16 September 2011
the track starts off with twinkle twinkle little star and as my 4 month old baby is drifting off an abrupt and loud voice talks and does a short nursery rhyme in between this track and later between another track. Because the talking voice startles my baby a little I have the remote control for the cd player in my hand ready to turn the volume down and/or sometimes fast forward the part which ruins the cd. I would have rated this collection higher if it wasn't for the abrupt voice...
on 8 June 2016
A beautiful collection of songs! The songs are so beautiful, well chosen - the CD includes my favorite "Dream a little dream" and "Somewhere over the rainbow" along with Brahms lullaby and Lavender's blue and many other popular songs. And they are delivered by a beautiful and soothing female voice. I put this CD every night before my baby goes to sleep, to teach her that it's time for bed. Seeing her falling asleep while the CD is playing is so good.
on 20 August 2010
I love this CD - it is absolutely fab. My mum bought this for my children and I love it. The songs are just lovely and soothing and we listen to it every night. One of the best CDs for lullabies and I would definitely recommend it.
on 15 July 2013
I bought this for my new baby nephew (he is now nearly 7 weeks old) and just received a text today from his mummy...."The lullaby CD you bought, has been an absolute Godsend!!! Thank you! Guaranteed to get him to sleep and stay asleep!!" His Daddy then sent me a video of the CD playing with my nephew fast asleep and may I add, his Daddy said I deserve a medal lol!
on 23 January 2013
I bought this last week for my three month old son and I can see why it has such good reviews. It's a splendid collection of songs and rhymes; classic, well-known songs, all done with a lovely, modern arrangement that are incredibly relaxing. I was concerned that vocals may be too distracting (up to now I've only been playing Baby Einstein classical CDs) but the vocalist has such a soothing voice that it's perfect for this collection.

I also see why it's not only marketed at children because it really is a pleasant listen for adults too. Overall I'm very impressed.
on 11 March 2014
I liked the quality, although some of them are little more than spoken nursery rhymes. The songs are good, and just pitched right for soothiness. I think I resorted to trying this when my baby was too grouchy for soothing with songs though ;)
on 17 April 2016
Bought this for my son who will be 3 soon. He loves his music and it really helps him to get to sleep. This also seems to be a good cd to help my son get to sleep so I am happy with the cd and happy with my purchase. Thank you.
on 19 June 2009
A unique calming oasis of loveliness in a vast desert of scary/irritating/terrible lullaby CDs. If you're a fan of chill out, and specifically Zero 7, this CD should appeal. And it has a lyrics booklet too, which is great because even though I can't sing, my babies love it when I join in :)
on 12 February 2013
At last a CD of children's songs, sung by someone with a good voice with a nice instrumental setting. Frankly most of the previous ones I've bought have made my ears bleed they've been so terrible! Usually the quality of the singing and settings chosen is dire, this one bucks the trend.