Customer reviews

on 26 May 2015
The quality of this violin looks and feels great! It's only just arrived and the initial impact was impressive. Comes with a rosin which was a wee pleasant bonus. The case is of good quality and very solid, lining is also very nice. The detail of the violin is spectacular, including both the tuning pegs and the bow! I've not played much yet but so far I'm liking the strong warm sound.

I'm a big fan already and will be considering Gear4Music for all future musical purchases! Thank-you!
on 2 January 2012
I only chose this violin because it was on offer at the same price as mediocre violins. It is better than I dared hope in every dept. You don't need to buy rosin. rosin is included (in the very fine case) but they don't mention this!
on 20 February 2013
I would recommend this product ten-fold. Not only is it beautiful to look at, the sound is magical. I spent a lot of time going to music stores, and perusing the internet for a new violin. I am glad to say that I found a perfect fit.

The violin came with a carry case- nice and compact, with a lock, which is perfect for me (a seasoned traveller). Rosin was included in the bag- although it had cracked into multiple pieces, so I ended up chucking it and buying a new stick. The instrument itself made up for the cracked rosin.
on 6 June 2015
Okay, this is within the first half hour and it's possible this can all be fixed by a violin expert, but still for £299.99... I have just spent the last half hour swearing as I attempted to tune this instrument. The G tuning peg will not hold and constantly lets the string go completely loose. The A and E strings/pegs seem pretty good. The E string snapped as I (yes, gently) attempted to tune it. For this amount of money, and what is supposed to be a 'professional' violin, I am extremely frustrated and rather disappointed. I am taking it to a violin shop to see if they can sort it and will review again with update. :(