on 18 January 2014
In general, a really well-made stand with futuristic looks. The workmanship and the materials are really good. Folds into something more or less compact, too.
Now, the problem is that I am using it for a Jazz Bass, the same as the one-star reviewer, and I have to agree that there's a bit of a compatibility problem. The stand's legs are at the same level, and the JB's bridge end is asymmetrical. So you can either place it on the stand at an angle (bad, bad idea) or off-centre, which sort of works, but isn't perfect.
Furthermore, the 'antennae' that the higher part of the guitar's body leans against don't hold it that strongly anyway, and with a full-scale bass, with the neck as long as it is and the centre of gravity higher than that of a guitar, it's way too easy to knock it over.

So if you want a cool-looking foldable stand and are ready to compromise stability, or if you know for sure nobody's gonna tip your axe over, that's the best stand I've seen. But if you want functionality and stability at the expense of good looks, a bog-standard A-frame, especially with a U-bracket for the neck, is a better option.
on 2 February 2014
I bought this stand for my Gison Les Paul. It is well designed and nicely made and folds down to a small size. The cradle at the base is a bit tight on a Les Paul. The guitar stands up without hardly touching the back rests, and when you lift the guitar out, the stand comes with it! My Strat is a nice fit, so I'll be using the stand for that instead. Would have been five stars as this is the nicest looking stand that I've seen, but had to knock one star off for the tight fit.
review image
on 28 August 2012
I never thought a guitar stand could be not only a clever design but also a beautiful object in its own right.

These stands are fantastic. I bought two - one for my classical and the other for my vintage Strat. The quality
of both is stunning - more like a sculpture than a guitar stand.

But they also do their job superbly well and hold instruments securely plus show them off to their best. Ideal for residential use rather than the rough & tumble of gigging (use the usual ugly black tubular monstrosities for that!)

I no longer gig so I'm definitely going to replace all my other black tubular monstrosities with Kinsman wooden stands.

There's no comparison in any way. Quality - design - practicality - great value.

I'd award these win win stands ten stars if I could.
on 5 March 2016
Decided to purchase this stand for my electric guitar after reading the reviews and I am so happy that I did. It holds my guitar nice and snug, does not wobble on the carpet and does not take any putting together aside from tightening up with the allen key that is provided. It also looks fantastic, much better than the black metal ones. So happy with this. would give 10 stars if I could.
on 11 June 2015
very well designed in my view....small compact easy to transport and supports my electric guitar without any problems at all. There is a model for classical /acoustic guitars. Does not damage the guitar and would recommend without reservation.
on 26 December 2015
I just love these stands. They look like a cool piece of furniture, rather than just a stand. I have three of these stands. Two for electric guitars, and one for acoustic. I don't own an acoustic guitar, but wanted the same style of stand to fit an electric guitar in it's gig bag. And the gamble paid off, it fits and now stands proudly along side the others in my lounge. The only criticism on the electric stand is, a Les Paul thicker body is a tighter fit at its two resting places, so you have to be careful with the guitar tone control knob.
on 24 April 2016
Perfect for my needs. Just redecorated living area. Needed something unobtrusive to convince my wife to let me have my Gibson LP pride of place. Just the job! Better looking than my old black guitar stand. Not so easy to hide my Vox amp, but seems like I've earned enough brownie points to get away with it! Seriously, a solid and stable bit of kit. Very pleased. Firm fit on my LP, but better than it being too loose in my opinion.
on 18 August 2014
I only have a cheap (relatively) Tele but this is perfect for the job. Compared to the metal stands this is a thing of beauty and is well designed and well made. The stand looks great with no guitar on it also which of course is a bonus - many of the metal stands are pretty ugly in my opinion. Would certainly recommend this product.
on 30 June 2016
The product control of this company is appaulling. One of the lengths of woods looks like it's just washed up off the beach - it is discloloured and has had what looks like filler applied to disguise a hole. The allen key bolt heads are all set into the wood at entirely different depths, and the bloody thing doesnt even sit flush with the floor! Sent this back within 5 minutes of opening.
on 6 May 2013
I needed a compact guitar stand to fit my semi-acoustic

Pros: Arrived quickly
Pros: Good build quality
Pros: Looks good and holds an electric guitar with stability

Cons: My semi-acoustic was marginally too wide for this stand.

Overall: This is a great stand, low profile and compact for storage. If the front of the base were a bit longer, I could've used it for my semi-acoustic. Unfortunately this design of this stand limits it to electric guitars only.