on 12 February 2010
I am a Motorcycle Instructor and at this time of year my feet are always cold. The foot warmers last approximately four(4) hours and although they are not "Hot" they are warm enough to keep my toes and consequently my boots warm for that amount of time. The thinner the socks the better they work. They start to become slightly uncomfortable as they get colder and that is usually an indication to change them. I use between two(2) & three(3) packets per day depending on the coldness of the weather. Have also used an expensive battery opereated heated innersole, which again only lasts about four(4) hours before a full recharge is needed. Mycoals are far more practical in my type of work.
on 5 December 2010
I bought my first pair of these to climb Mt Kilimanjaro 12 years ago and they kept my feet nice and warm right to the top. (The snows of notwithstanding!) My feet are always cold, so I have since used them whenever I know I will be standing out in the cold for an hour or more. They are great for winter walks, and completely essential for standing still on freezing concrete at a football match.

I would say without hesitation that they make experiences that would be memorable only for how cold my feet were memorable for whatever I was doing instead - I don't mind the cold much if my feet are warm.

If you are worried about your feet feeling uncomfortably hot, let me assure you that unless your shoes are very, very loose, your feet don't feel hot, just comfortably tepid.

Give them a try!
on 3 February 2010
These do what they say on the package, although they are really just toe warmers and do not warm the entire foot.
Having used them in regular shoes on a 45 minute bus journey followed by a 20 minute walk in temperatures around zero, I came to the conclusion that for regular use the money would be better invested in some decent shoes with room for an extra pair of socks.
However, to keep a few available for those really cold days when you need to wear regular shoes might be a good idea.
on 26 February 2013
Tried these for cycling in cold conditions. Basically even with overshoes I was getting numb toes on 3 to 4 hour rides this winter so thought the foot warmers might provide a cheap and simple solution which they proved to do very well. Heat last 5 hours or more, they were comfortable inside my shimano shoes and didn't interfere in anyway. Will definitely continue using them for rides of 2 degrees and under.
on 26 April 2010
fantastic these are perfect for the whole year through if you suffer with cold feet try these out you will buy more
on 30 December 2010
Tried out these foot warmers when temperature was -6 and they worked really well. Kept my feet lovely and warm for about 6 hours.