Customer reviews

Colour: Black Ice|Change

on 15 August 2017
Such a lovely zippo; comes in a nice display box with felt like material on the inside with facts about the 1941 replicas.

Beautiful finish to product. Nice cheap first zippo lighter with will no doubt be with my for the long run.

Comes with the signature "click" which zippo is famous for.

No doubt I'll be expanding my zippo 1941 collection.

Would purchase again.
on 18 July 2017
a good zippo lighter, like all Zippos works well,a unusual finish to the casing, not seen another one like it,,hope it lasts many years, 10/10
on 12 April 2017
Great item, as described, fast delivery
on 10 March 2017
Great product, really well made and a good weight to it - love it!
on 20 September 2016
Great little lighter and with a really solid robust feel, lasts a good while with lighter fluid but do check before you take it on a trip as it does tend to evaporate in the canister slightly over time
on 31 January 2011
I've owned quite a number of Zippo lighters and in my opinion, this is better looking than the newer versions not only because of the way it looks but it feels better in the palm.

For those wondering about specifics, it's only brushed on the front and on the back. The edges are more squared, a 4-barrel hinge (as opposed to the usual 5-barrel), an open holed rivet on the wheel, fewer holes in the chimney and a flat bottom. It's like those you find in 'Saving Private Ryan' or other WWII movies.

It's not as dark as the picture, however, it's not as light as the 'normal' silver ones (the super common ones!). The lid seems to open 180° more easily maybe due to the 4-barrel hinge which did take some getting used to when flicking it open, but it doesn't affect in no way and really is a minor issue but worth noting.

Overall, this is a really cool looking Zippo and now my favourite.
on 9 August 2010
I received my first Zippo in 1985 which was a 1st anniversary present from my wife (how romantic). The lid has just fallen off which I hope bears no affinity to the status of my long and happy marriage. Needless to say I have sent it for repair but I will now be reluctant to use it on a daily basis when it is returned. I don't really want to risk any more wear and tear due to its sentimental value.

A new Zippo seemed like the only option and though I wanted something a bit different from the norm, I'm not really a fan of the engraved and logo'd models. I really like the shape of this 1941 replica. The edges are not as rounded and the 4-bar hinge looks to be a bit more durable than the newer 5-bar types.

The 'Black Ice' effect is really nice. It's certainly not black in colour but it's not as light as the brushed chrome versions I've compared it to.

I'm extremely happy with my choice but as it's a Zippo, I was never going to be disappointed anyway.
on 10 July 2014
A very nice WWII replica in a great shade of chrome, although, the Zippo lid is off center so it doesn't close properly. The lid catches on the flint wheel every time making it hard to close, even with the insert fully pushed down. This is inconvenient and damages the lid and the flint wheel.
on 3 April 2016
I don't smoke but I get asked for a light often enough that I still carry a lighter with me - must have a certain look that makes people think I smoke or something. I've used el cheapo Zippo knock offs but they always run dry really quick and have often been a pain to light. I decided to get something decent with the hope that it would work well and keep going for a few years and the Zippo definitely fits the bill. It lights every time, the precision build should deal with those fumes escaping and wasting all my fuel and it feels like it should last. I will say that the photos here are a little misleading - they look very black when the actual lighter has an extremely high sheen to it, so even though it's black it actually looks closer to a mirror finish most of the time. It's a very nice effect though, so don't let that put you off. If you want a pure black Zippo, I believe there's one with a matte black finish that might be better.
on 28 June 2012
It makes me wonder why they ever changed the design from this one in the first place. This model is so much sturdier than any other modern zippo. The 4 barrel hinge just does it for me and I love the way the lid flips all the way back. I feel that makes it a lot more solid and durable compared to the 5 barrel modern version. The shape itself is a lot sexier and somewhat bigger, which I personally prefer. S overall it is a great lighter and definitely my favorite.