on 20 August 2017
I'm not sure if some of the negative comments are for a different cable as mine certainly has no issues with fit or build quality - quite the reverse in fact. I bought it to use with this: Neoteck 192kHz Aluminum DAC Converter Digital Optical Coaxial To slink to Analog Stereo Left/Right RCA 3.5mm Jack Audio Converter Adapter for PS3 Xbox HD DVD PS4 Sky HD Plasma Blu-ray Home Cinema which I bought at the same time. The long cable allows me to have the DAC close to where I'm sitting, allowing easy volume control. This cable fits both the DAC ant my TV with a gentle but positive "click", way better than the short cable that came with the DAC which needed much more force.

I was initially put off by the thickness of the cable but it's both lightweight and very flexible so not an issue. All in all a good buy.
on 28 July 2017
This cable does the job of connecting my PC's optical output to the input of my SMSL Q5 Pro digital amp. No complaints at all where the product is concerned: connectors fit nicely into ports, feel secure in doing so, and the insulation and connectors feel solid.

The one thing I take some issue with is the touting of the 'gold-plated inner pins'.. Perhaps someone can shed some light on this, but I don't think there's any electrical connectivity that would benefit from this gimmick.

Happily, at this price, they can add whatever 'features' they want, as long as the optics are right =)
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2015
I bought these as I don't particularly like using the standard delicate optical cables that come with most products.

These look and feel amazing. You can definitely feel and see the build quality in the wiring, not to mention the ends have quite a clever plastic cap, which is connected to the cable itself, so you can simply pop the cap back on when not using, as opposed to the piddly minuscule cap that comes with the standard cables, which let's face it, either gets thrown away or lost!

These are very good cables, coupled with the price certainly makes them a must buy!
on 3 May 2017
Quality optical cable. We bought it to replace an Amazon Basics cable that tended to work loose. This one seems like much better quality and fits the socket securely
on 5 October 2015
Came quickly. Nicely made. Does the job of course. Nice chunky connectors make it is easy to plug and remove without tugging and cleverly there is a fold over dust cap for the optical connections which stays attached by plastic hoop when the cables are in use - just a thoughtful good design point I thought. Overall good value for money and better than I expected, especially with the little dust cap feature.
on 23 July 2017
Not a secure fit into astro a40 tr mixamp. It doesn't 'click' very securely. I had bought to replace what i thought was a damaged optic cable. But this doesn't fit very securely. I think my issue is not optic related now mind you.
on 20 July 2017
Required for connecting up to a soundbar. Arrived very promptly, easy to fit and does the job
on 6 June 2017
Great cable and brilliant service. Omg the price is unbelievable and to say Currys want £49.99 for the same thing its a no brainer. Will be using Cable Mountain again, keep up the good work x
on 18 July 2017
Connects with a good click. Sound great, not sure if down to cable or just the soundbar it connects to but would definitely buy more if required.
on 2 August 2017
Used to connect my Philips TV to my Philips soundbar to replace the audio lead I was using previously. The improvement in the sound quality was nothing short of dramatic. Brilliant sound now!!! Seems well made and easy to fit. Delighted!