on 21 July 2008
I was amazed at the sound quality of this headset in noisy environments. I was sat in a car with the radio very loud and the person on the other end could only hear my voice. However, one swallow does not a summer make etc etc.

Trying to get a comfortable fit is hard work - perhaps I have weird ears but I am still struggling to get it right. The loops break very easily...now I know the material Uri Geller used for his spoon bending!

It drops the bluetooth connection and that is when the phone is in your pocket. If you move more than 3 metres from your phone then it drops the connection very easily.

It also just fails to transfer the audio on some calls. I changed my phone twice because I blamed the phone - I even tried two other phones just to be certain; it still fails to transfer the audio on irregular occasions.

So I could have a faulty one? Well that was my thought so I contacted the support department at Aliph. That was about 2 months ago and despite constant new messages, I still haven't heard anything - a bit like the headset I guess!

The sound is great...when it works so I would NOT buy this headset. The company clearly cannot care about its clients as their lack of response is just staggering.

Perhaps I have been unlucky but I could not recommend this product to others. It gets one star for sound quality (when it works) and also because it was the lowest rating I could give.

Caveat Emptor!!!
on 27 April 2008
I had my jawbone headset for a couple of months and have been really pleased with the performance. It does screen out background noise effectively and feedback from callers confirms this. But my product has not been robust. The part of the headset that holds the earpiece also supports the over ear clip, which puts a lot of pressure on this part of the product. On mine , this clips into place and it has come away several times and is now inoperable. So I will seek a replacement but am not confident that it will not happen again with this product because of the design. I am now looking for an alternative jawbone product
on 7 April 2008
I have been using Aliph Jawbone since 2nd April 2008 and cannot say enough in its praise. The Jawbone is excellent in terms of clarity on both sides. I found that the caller can hear clearly while driving and while taking the dog out for a walk on a breezy day. Prior to the Jawbone I had been using Jabra BT500v and I always had complaints from the other end that they can hear me from a distance or there's too much static. But none of that now and the other side can't even tell if I am calling/receiving using hands free! The Jawbone is relatively heavy compared to the Jabra BT500v but the excellent quality makes up for the slightly extra weight. I did not find any problems with connectivity with my Nokia E65 and Nokia 5610 Xpress Music mobiles. The talk-time battery life is not the greatest but sufficient for about 3-4 hours.

Now the negatives of Jawbone. The biggest complaint that I have is that the earloops are flimsy and cannot hold the Jawbone next to the ear if you are a bit active like running or jogging. You just have to test with the different size earloops and earbuds provided in the package to find the best fit. However I was expecting a better quality earloop for such a wonderful piece of technology and at a premium price.

Overall, I am quite pleased with it and would definitely recommend the Jawbone. Look no further!
on 19 January 2014
The noise cancelling was very good and It work well but it was hard to use and the method of charging the unit was difficult and after only sometime the rear cover keeps detaching itself from the main body so not good design. It now sit in it box and it was not cheap.
on 3 June 2008
I have been a handsfree user for a number of years now, and without any reservation at all, this is by far the best in terms of sound quality at both ends of the call. However, the earloop piece is extremely fragile and easily broken thereby making the handsfree system completely useless until a replacement earloop is obtained. I have broken all four earloops that come with the unit within 6 weeks of ownership. As this is a "Defence" quality handsfree set and is purchased at a premium price, the earloop aparatus is extremely poorly designed and the connecting pin is far too brittle. Continue with your purchase - but always carry a spare earloop!
on 17 March 2008
After a few min I had it on my left ear and working.
Sound: Good and clear, with NC working well.
Buttons: The anser call button is easy to find but very hard to press. So you will not press it in error but if its a call you are trying to pick up fast its not so good.
Charge: USB (so always easy to find power) and lasts about clamed time.
Fit: It is very light on the ear so feals as if its going to full off. Having had it on when inline street skating, it stayed were it should I think it fits very well.

So over all it just maked down for button use.
on 2 February 2009
the jaw bone is rubbish and a waste of money.the ear loops break easy and it is absolute rubbish. you have ben warned
on 20 February 2009
I have been using Aliph Jawbone since April 2008 and cannot say enough in its praise. The Jawbone is excellent in terms of clarity on both sides. I found that the caller can hear clearly while driving and while taking the dog out for a walk on a breezy day. Prior to the Jawbone I had been using Jabra BT500v and I always had complaints from the other end that they can hear me from a distance or there's too much static. But none of that now and the other side can't even tell if I am calling/receiving using hands free! The Jawbone is relatively heavy compared to the Jabra BT500v but the excellent quality makes up for the slightly extra weight. I did not find any problems with connectivity with my Nokia E65, Nokia 5610 Xpress Music, Nokia N96 and Apple iPhone 3G mobiles. The talk-time battery life is not the greatest but sufficient for about 3-4 hours.

Overall, I am quite pleased with it and would definitely recommend the Jawbone.
on 28 May 2008
an extremely good headset. easy to set up and works with ps3, no mute tho
on 10 March 2009
We purchased three for our company all reports are that they are excellent especially when surrounded by plant room sounds and when outside in the wind, they are an excellent choice for noisy areas. They hold their charge well also having different types of earpiece fittings is very useful. Great product