Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 22 December 2013
...and this box set is well presented. Unfortunately one of the discs in my copy is a bit 'glitchy' which spoils an otherwise perfect viewing experience!

Initially, this series seemed rather limited and formulaic: what dinosaur would pop through an anomaly this episode and wreak havoc on an unsuspecting modern-day community?

However, as the series progressed, they did open the plot-line up a bit with conspiracy plots, exploration of time-travel and the origin and nature of the anomalies!
on 22 February 2010
This show was created by the same man who did "Walking with Dinosaurs", which I haven't seen. But I saw an advertisement for Primeval when it first came out and I finally rented it here in the States. Wow! Not what I expected, it's definitely for adults. It combines all the things I used to love as a little girl and still do, even though I'm MUCH older now, Ray Harryhausen style adventure and cool monsters--with a touch of Jurassic Park.
The cgi here is first-rate, the acting is great, the characters are really interesting and the stories are well written. A group of four people, two-twentysomethings, one of whom, a young woman works at a zoo as a keeper and the other whose a college student team up with the students professor, an expert in dinosaurs and his former student who is now his assistant. They discover what comes to be known as anomolies--wormholes in time through which all kinds of dinosaurs from different eras emerge.
Imagine the danger of finding a T-Rex roaming through your local wooded area and you have some idea of what these four people have to go up against. They track down the dinos and try and get them back through the anomolies before there's too much carnage. They're aided, reluctantly at first by a button-downed civil servant with a sarcastic tongue who isn't fond of 'civilians', and a pretty handler who comes on board as a go-between and helper and some soldiers added to cover their backs.
All in all, it's a great show and I'm looking forward to a movie that's supposed to be in the works and a new season--hopefully we won't have to wait too long. You won't be disappointed!
on 21 July 2017
good
on 17 September 2008
I had never heard of this series (being from the US) until Juliet Aubrey made a presentation at Comic-Con here in San Diego this July. There were 3 other British series represented this year, Dr Who, Torchwood, and Spaced (just now making it's US appearance). After seeing the presentation, I ordered the first 2 seasons (having a region free DVD player helps a lot). Primeval is very well written and acted. It has some good scares, and you really get to like the characters. It's better than a lot of what we have on tv over here. I highly recommend it.
on 12 May 2016
well made ,good veiwing
on 17 May 2014
amazing value and a must have for all primeval fans young and old all round must delivery and packing is so amazing as well
on 19 July 2009
Our family loved watching this DVD and have gone on and bought series 3 too. The storyline remains strong throughout, the characters are engaging and you are drawn into the action - of which there is plenty - no matter what external distraction may be around. Probably a bit scary for those more sensitive under say 9 yrs although our almost 8 year old loves every minute. Can't wait for series 4!
on 12 December 2015
Packaged brilliantly, arrived early, great price.
on 29 January 2014
Brought this as my husband loved the first two series of this program, I was happy with the price and he was happy with the DVD's.
on 7 June 2009
I bought this for my 10 year old son. He had only seen the second series. I bought this for him, thinking, it was just the first series, so he could catch up on what he had missed. What a bargain having both series one and two together. He is over the moon with it.