Colour: Absolute Black|Change

on 7 April 2013
I have been using a L'Oreal mascara for a long time - until, in their wisdom, they decided to take it off the market; so I wasted a lot of money trying many other mascaras - I don't need extra length but I do need volume so I was very particular in what I was looking for!
I saw Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara reviewed on the internet and decided to 'give it a go'. I am so glad I did.
The first time I applied this I thought that I had wasted my money yet again as it just gave the normal 'nothing to write home about' coverage until I started to build the layers - I find that I need to apply approx 4 layers to get the result I like (don't let the layers dry inbetween application)- lovely dark, dramatic, thick lashes that give huge definition to the eye without glogging.
The mascara stays on all day and throughout the evening until I take it off - although I do find that it takes some removing so one has to be persistant!
On the plus side: Easy application, with good build up and really does what Bourjois advertise it as doing. The amount of mascara in the vial lasts a long time.
On the minus side: Because of the thickness of the brush I usually get a line of mascara under my lower lashes - but a sweep with a damp cotton bud easily rectifies this.
Would I use it again? I have - at the time of writing I am on my third vial - one for when I run out - one for use and one in my suitcase (I have just been abroad and used this constantly which reminds me to add to its plus side that this mascara stays put in very hot weather - it really does stay where it should. I can't remember whether it is advertised as being waterproof, but it is!)
Would I recommend it? Definitely!
on 29 December 2013
Unfortunately like a previous reviewer my wife received this product from Amazon unsealed and semi dried out. Amazon are investigating their inventory and I will post an update when they have got back to me.

I'm not sure if its required by law but I would expect all cosmetics for the eye area to have a seal.

Update 1 30/12

from Amazon customer services:
A check has confirmed the Bourjois Volume Clubbing Mascara Ultra Black comes as a cello-wrapped item and is confirmed sent to Amazon via a Retail vendor.

My reply:
Thank you for the update.
So of course my next question is how was this product sent to me without the cellophane wrapper?
I look forward to your reply.
on 14 November 2013
I have worn this masacara since 2009. This particular item arrived, minus a security wrapping and was so dry I had to throw it away. I will stick to buying this in Boot the Chemist where I have never had any concerns in the past.
on 2 April 2014
This is my favourite of all mascaras - better than Lancome, Lauder, etc, it goes on and leaves your lashes feeling light but gives the look of longer fuller eyelashes - this doesn't smudge and is my first choice in Mascara - price also very very good especially at Amazon.
on 31 May 2014
Watery and stings my eyes, but looks nice after 50 applications ... Wouldn't recommend as I don't have sensitive eyes yet this really effected them and I've never experienced anything like it, I've checked what's used in the product and I've never had reactions to other products containing the same ingredients
on 26 September 2013
i love this product i have been using it for years now and i am very happy to now learn i can get it cheaper on hear ...bonus.. i use it over the top of a light layer of other mascara it gives you the jet black wow on your lashes
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 February 2012
This mascara is too fluid and gloopy, and the spiral bristles of the wand are too far apart, meaning that your lashes are not evenly coated, and you end up with great big globules of mascara spread unevenly across your lashes.

The end result was just too comedic to step outdoors wearing so after a couple of attempts I binned it. Having lain unopened in my drawer for a couple months as spare mascara it was too late to return.

This is the only mascara I have ever purchased, which I have not been able to work with.
on 3 February 2016
Love this mascara. I have tried loads - expensive and inexpensive and always come back to this one.

Fab for landing length, it's very black so good for statement eyes and actually stays put
on 10 September 2013
Probably the best mascara around to get the results you want, fuller and maximised lashes; all for a cheaper price than in store ill definitely be purchasing them again from here. At least they're genuine!
on 10 September 2013
one of the best mascaras i have ever bought, buying it online was an easier and cheaper option for me so i would definitely recommend buying it off here!!

See one answered question