Customer reviews

Style Name: Metal Water Pump|Change

on 26 May 2014
I have to say, when I bought this I carried concerns that it would not have the power necessary to deliver water from the river next to my house, up the 8m river bank and along the 40 m hosepipe (up another 2 metres in vertical height) to my Karcher high pressure spray gun. How wrong I was!

We ran it for 6 hours straight, not once needing to stop it or allow pressure to be built up again.

This pump was easy to assemble, the instructions were clear. We had absolutely no leakage at the connection points and the pump itself was incredibly quiet. The most difficult part was attaching a large stone to the intake hose so that the entry filter would stay under the water.

Delivery, packaging and price are all excellent value for money.

Based upon my experiences to date, I have no hesitation in recommending this pump.
on 1 August 2017
I have installed this pump in my shed to pump rainwater from a 1500L tank to a Hozelock garden hose. It is working well now but I had a few problems assembling and getting it working.
1. First problem was attaching the filter. It has to be fitted vertically, but when I screwed it in it ended up sideways. I tried fitting an extra washer which made little difference. Eventually I used a belt sander to very carefully file down the seating so that I could screw in the filter enough to end up vertical. No one else has reported this problem so I must have been unlucky with the way the thread had been cut.
2. The outlet connector: The casing has a sharp edge which cuts into the soft rubber washer and it leaked. Eventually I found a suitable 'O' ring which I fitted instead of the washer and this seems to be working well. The almost identical Hozelock pump sold by bandq has a plastic casing which has a nice flat flange suitable for the washer, but it is more expensive. I bought this pump in 2015 and I notice that the only other reviewers that have this problem are all dated 2015 so this may have been a batch fault or a design fault that has now been corrected.
3. Having read other reviews I immersed the inlet hose in hot water before unrolling it. To keep it straight in the water tank I pushed it inside a length of 50mm pipe.
I contacted Hozelock customer services several times but they didn't seem to be very knowledgeable about the pump. They suggested I return the pump to Amazon but I was determined to get it working.
on 30 June 2014
What a great bit of kit and for not very much money. I have had a ground water problem with our pool when trying to replace the liner and this little beauty has done a great job in controlling the ground water level and allowing repairs to be carried out prior to the liner replacement. If it never pumps another cup full after this job it will still have been fantastic value for money. The last time I did some temporary repairs it cost over £350 on pump hire (at a discounted rate!). Easy to prime but if you start to have a problem just check the non return valve on the suction hose for dirt/weed etc.
on 23 April 2017
It was a really great pump while it worked now there is a problem. It has a 2 year guarantee. Hozelock tell us we cannot return it to them it must be to Amazon. But it is the only item in our list of purchases that does not have a return or replace button. I have searched and searched the internet to find out how to return things under guarantee to Amazon with out luck. I am stuck. I will try Hozelock again tomorrow, after all it is a manufacturers guarantee not an Amazon one.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 September 2017
Works OK with good pressure works rotary sprinkler as good as mains water pressure.
Includes suction pipe so ignore frequently bought together suggestion!
on 22 December 2016
Has a tendency to cut out after a few minutes. Annoying as I often have to wait a few minutes for the reset to Take effect
on 15 August 2017
Fantastic product, efficient and quiet in use. It is easy to lose the rubber washer in the feeder pipe connector when setting up/down so take care.
on 29 May 2017
This pump is great. It is powerful and very quiet. It is solidly made. I use it to pump water up from a storage tank at the end of my garden and onto my plants. I use it with a spray trigger and have had no problems with the pump running with the water not flowing for a few minutes.
on 18 August 2017
Using this to pump rainwater from a rain tank to an old reservoir higher up the garden. Working really well so far and at just £30 more than the water butt pump by Hozelock this is a real bargain at £90. Easy to assemble and clean out the filter. Fingers crossed it keeps going for a few years!
on 6 July 2017
VERY GOOD PRODUCT BETTER THAN MY OLD ONE ,ALSO HOZELOCK WHICH I HAD FOR YEARS.