on 10 October 2009
I have been using this toothbrush for a few days now, and very pleased with the results.
Having sensitive teeth, I was a bit worried that it might be a bit vigorous, I needn't have worried.
I have been using the sensitive toothbrush head,on the second slower speed setting,and find that suits me fine.
A brilliant clean feeling.
I haven't tried it with any other brush heads yet, but there are plenty of additional accessories that will fit.
The storage compartment on the charger unit is great as you can store up to 4 toothbrush heads.
The only downside would be that it takes about 16 hours to recharge from a flat battery, but once charged you should get about 14 days use before the next recharge, the plus side is you have got the battery indicator, so you know when you need to recharge, and when fully charged.
Hubbie was quite impressed with it, and has ordered one for himself.
Also if you register your toothbrush online Braun will give you an extra year on your garantee, making it 3 years.
Very good value.
My local electrical retailer ***** are selling this for £68.50.
Well done Amazon.
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2010
Excellent product. Great selection of brusheads with a handy stand for storage. Nice toothbrush box for taking the brush away on holidays & short breaks. 'Dentists Beware' superb cleaning with two options to make sure of perfect results. If everyone buys one of these Dentists will have to send their kids to the local school & cut back on their long haul holidays! Speedy delivery & a great price.
on 28 January 2010
Really good, it does the job very well, such a shame Braun has seen fit to discontinue it. Fortunately, although their newer models seem to be lower spec, the brush heads remain the same. A super product at a great price; Grab it while you can!Braun Oral-B Professional Care Deep Clean & Sensitive 8500 Rechargeable Toothbrush
on 18 February 2010
I am not kidding you, since I got this electricboogiethingie I have never had a single hole when going to the dentist, in over a year, I think it might even be close to 2 years, before I met this beauty I allways had a least one hole when going to the dentist, so I would say it's a pretty good product!!!
on 3 September 2009
Really good toothbrush and the new audible low battery mode is useful rather than it just stopping when you least expect it. At the price it's currently available it is really good value as well. Especially like the travel case which is a nice extra.
on 4 July 2009
This is my first electric toothbrush. I got one because my dental hygienist told me that I had gum abrasion and that electric toothbrushes damage your gums less. So, now I've been using it for 6 weeks, what would I say?

Overall, in terms of electric over manual brushing - I'd say I'm very impressed with how much cleaner my teeth are than you can get with a normal toothbrush - and I have also noticed a distinct difference in the whitening of my teeth (without using whitening toothpaste) just from the stains being removed from my teeth. So that been a bonus.

There are a few things I like particularly about this model - I like the 30-second indication that it's time to move on to another quarter of your mouth and the 2 minute indicator at the end. Other have said the brush makes a noise when you hold it too close, but I've tried that umpteen times and I can't make it change the buzz it makes. It also has two speeds, so where my gums are particularly sensitive I can be even more gentle - and the brush comes with two medium brush heads and a sensitive one. It also has little colour bands you can snap on at the bottom so you know which one is yours - although two of them had the same colour band! This means my husband, son and I can all use the same base and the stand has a pop-up holder that can take up to 4 brush heads. It only takes a second to pop your own brush on or off the base - it just means only one can use it at a time, of course!

Downsides? I researched various types of brush before deciding on this one, so I already knew that the battery light only shows a green light when it's powered or flashes red when it needs powered - it doesn't have a more sensitive indicator to show how full or not it is. However, I was a bit disappointed at the length of time it takes to power - 16 hours! That means that, say the red light flashes and it beeps to say the battery has run out when you are brushing your teeth at night and you plug it in to recharge, it won't be recharged by next morning and you'll have to use a normal brush! Perhaps this wouldn't be a problem if you have a shaver power point in the bathroom and can keep it charged. If you don't, then you will need to buy a plug adaptor that takes a two-point shaver plug.

As far as electric brushes go, this is a reasonable one and I've been happy with it - I don't think I'd go back to brushing with a manual brush now - but I'd like one that charged more quickly!
22 Comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2009
This is my first electric toothbrush, I bought it at half price which was a great saving although it would still have been worth every penny at full price.
It really provides a great clean, leaving teeth feeling, well, very clean!
It has two speeds and came with two brush heads 'normal' and 'soft' so depending on personal preferences, you can tailor the power of the clean to suit yourself.
It does take quite a while to charge but at the same time, it lasts for a relatively long time before needing to be charged again.
When it requires charging, it beeps, which scared the life out of me the first time it happened, but now I know all about its little ways I think this is a handy feature!
Another handy feature is the fact it alerts you to the fact it has been going at 30 second intervals (so you can brush the quarters of your mouth evenly) and again at two minutes to remind you 'time's up'! No more getting away with slapdash 50 second brushes!
No complaints
VINE VOICEon 19 November 2009
Another fantastic toothbrush from, for me, the best manufacturer in the business. It takes a full overnight & then some charge but once up to capactity I can get a almost a fortnight of twice-daily brushing out of this unit. It's as silent as you could expect and the brushes hold-up rather well (and should do too considering the price of replacements!). Oh and of course it's completely water-resistant. So all in all there is nothing to prevent a glowing review. Recommended.
on 18 September 2009
This product is far superior to other Braun Oral Toothbrushes we have had in the past. My husband was surprised at the difference - would definitely purchase this toothbrush again.
on 11 July 2009
This is really fast and much improved fro older models. Good value and held its charge for 2 weeks whilst we wewre on holiday.