Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 3 October 2011
Basically you can either put this in a pressure washer or in a bucket with warm water. Personally i would use a small amount in a bucket of warm water, as warm water as opposed to cold from a pressure wash helps soften tar and other deposits from your paintwork, also a pressure washer will go through twice as much shampoo for half the distance.

Now down the the actual product, It's pretty good as far as car shampoos go, it does remove most deposits and gets rid of the film of dust you get over time. But remember that this is a shampoo conditioner, meaning that after you have used this you are suppose to apply a polish to the bodywork AFTER it has dried and not while the paint surface is still wet. You don't need much of this stuff (which is green in colour), its the kind of product that most people should be using on a weekly basis and gives good results for the money

Worth getting, good results!
33 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2011
This is one of the better car shampoos I have used. It cleans extremely well, has a pleasant smell and didn't strip off the car wax I applied after the last wash. Only a small amount needed - it goes a long way!
on 25 May 2011
Leaves a great polished surface, however, you must end by thoroughly drying the car with a shammy otherwise you end up with a badly streaked surface.
This is the first time I purchased this particular car wash, so was a little apprehensive. My car has a coating where you do not need to wax it as the water beads, so used the Supaguard treatment until it ran out. The reviews were mostly positive so decided to give it a go.

It is a very good car wash shampoo, only a very small amount is needed to lather up, if you live in a hard water area, then you will need a little bit more to get the lather. It washes the car well, removes the dirt and when rinsed off and dried, the car shines well. I have found that over a few months use, it gets easier to wash as if a coating has been applied and the dirt does not stick to it as much.

Always check the price, as it does come on offer quite often and that is the time to get it. I am not even a third way down yet and that is from my purchase September last year, washing 2 card a week, sometimes 3 when the sister in law brings her car for me to clean.
on 3 November 2015
Have just ordered my 2nd 2.5L bottle of this shampoo.

When it comes to car cleaning I am well-equipped, and consider myself as a detailer. This Autoglym shampoo is what I use in-between a thorough wax and wax. It leaves a thin layer coating of wax on the surface. It is certainly not the best automative shampoo on the market but I use it solely because it is relatively cheap and leaves a quick layer of wax if I do not intend to wax separately.

I use the two-bucket method when washing and fill a 25 litre bucket with the detergent, based on the recommended 20ml per 10 litres, I use 50ml per bucket. This product gives very little foaming/suds, and seems to be a mild detergent.

My alternative (and favourite) automative detergent is Bilt Hamber Auto-wash, (definitely worth a try) as I only need to use 10ml for the same 25 litre bucket and it out-performs Autoglym in terms of foaming and cleaning power for a near identical price point. I can really feel my microfibre sponge 'glides' and this helps avoid scratches and swirls.
on 16 August 2016
This is the best car shampoo I have used. You don't need to use much of it, it doesn't go super foamy and doesn't leave streaks if you don't put to much in the bucket. The best thing about it, is when it rains the drops of water sit on the car as if it is heavily waxed and just rolls of the car when you drive off.I am a right fussy person when it comes to cleaning cars, and this shampoo / conditioner is worth buying if you like your car like I do.
on 7 February 2014
Easy to use, and it leaves the paintwork nice and shiny which beads water weeks afterwards. Also means less frequent re-polishing required, which is welcome. Perhaps the smell is somewhat "different", and I'd be ccareful about leaving where little uns could get to it for this reason - it smells like fruit opr sweets, which could lead to an A&E visit. keep it on a shelf out of harms way and it's good. could maybe benefit from a childproof top?

Some people say Auto-glym stuff is overrated, and I can agree with some products, but this is better than your average wash, and I'll be buying again when this one runs out.
on 12 November 2011
This product doesn't produce masses of suds unlike some shampoos but it does clean well and it leaves some protection from the elements. It's never going to be as good as a polish but it's good to know that between applications of polish a simple wash-and-go will provide some protection.
on 26 April 2010
I like the Autogym product range for ease of use and professional finish. A small capful is all you need for a bucket. Not as cheap as some other products but will go further and gives a better finish.
on 2 August 2016
Insanely fast delivery, think I had it next day and I just went for standard delivery, I've had it for 5 days and I'm still waiting for a polish applicator from a competitor and I ordered them at the same time...

So anyways... I didn't really get the chance to use this product alone as I instantly applied Autoglym deep shine after, well almost over the whole car, so in this pic (which isn't terribly in focus) you will see the side after a 20 minute drive after just being shampoo'd, and it's only this shampoo on the sides.

There seems to be a light film after the first application, and that's exactly what we need to protect the surface from damage.

No suds though, not when I was washing, could be the water hardness I guess, and I am using a mitten as opposed to a sponge which probably affects it.

This bottle will last for ages, so quite happy to buy again and again.
review image