on 30 September 2012
The product is ok good suffers from poor quality componentry on the head phone socket. The fault affects the output to the main speakers so in my case I had to return the item back under warranty for repair.....to Germany!!! My bad for being so foolisih in not checking out the supplier. As a result of the cost and insurance in shipping back to Germany I fell into dispute with the supplier. Eventually they made an offer to refund 50% of the carriage cost involve in sending the item for repair. Some 6 months later I still haven't recieved one penny by way of a refund for the carriage.
on 20 April 2010
I read the previous reviews and straight away had great confidence in what I was about to purchase. These are not only amazing value for money, but truely superb overall as speakers. The design is awesome. The volume control is very cool. The bass produces beastly booms for such a small thing. It really is powerful. It sounds clear and crisp with music and it goes very loud. And it's like having my own small cinema when watching a film too. Truely the best value for money. I'd recommend these to anyone. The perfect set of PC speakers i could've hoped for.
on 28 March 2009
I am very satisfied with this product. Very stylish, solid quality, great sound and good control. and great price too! totally exceeded my expectation.
on 30 March 2010
Arrived next day - a little bigger than I had envisaged. Attached to TV. Great sound and no hiss. Very solid and stylish. Cool blue light on separate volume knob. Separate volume knob on bass unit. Job done!
on 11 October 2010
These arrived from Germany to the UK very quickly - around 3 days. The sound is fantastic, they look great and they work straight out of the box. One word of warning, they come with a German plug so make sure you have an adapter ready for when they arrive!
on 12 April 2011
Great product, especially for the price. The sound quality is very good and the design and looks of the speakers is most definitely the key selling point. Have already recommended them to many!
on 13 May 2016
This is the perfect mid range sub and speaker set for my PC. I don't need the loudest system in the world and this system hits the perfect balance of form, function and volume. The quality of the sound is great, very warm and clear. The bass has a good thump to it, and can be turned up enough to make my floor shake (not that my neighbours appreciate that).
There are louder speakers you can buy, but they would cost far more and probably won't look as good as this. Not that you should ever buy speakers just for their appearance, but these have the added bonus of looking fantastic on my desk.
The whole system feels like it has a higher build quality than what it cost, the subwoofer box is a great size as it doesn't get in the way at all and the volume control dial is incredibly useful.
I would happily recommend this to anyone considering buying it. Whether you're on a budget, looking for an upgrade from your old side speakers, looking to get your first sub, building a PC set up or making a small music studio in your bedroom while you wait for your Soundcloud to take off. These are great speakers and are well worth the price. Especially if your colour set up is black and red!
on 19 March 2011
Having Paid only £30 for these speakers from Amazon a few months back I was quite surprised that immediately they shot up to £60 after I purchased them. I can now understand why they are fantastic and also quite small the main base box is fairly large but the two speakers and very thin and only 30cm high but they produce the best quality sound I have ever heard from speakers, Great buy would recommend.
on 21 November 2011
Plus Points:-
**********
* The equipment works well, if slightly short on bass if the bass control is not wound-up quite high.
* For those who care (I don't), it looks good on the desk.
* The Remote volume control is well-made and delightfully heavy (doesn't wander around the desk when being used)

Minus points:-
***********
* It is being sold to UK users with a TWO PIN PLUG! Mindless!
* The volume control is on a good 'remote' BUT.... the bass-control is on the back of the floor-standing sub-woofer.... how am I supposed to adjust it under my desk?

The review could have a been a 5 star if those points had been addressed!
on 18 January 2014
I have owned these speakers for several years now and I've only just become completely happy with them.

When you first buy them, they need to time to burn-in, so don't be disappointed if they don't sound quite right straight away. I found this particularly noticeable with these speakers.

The design limitation comes with the subwoofer. From the picture, you'd assume the speaker is front firing and bass-ported at the side, right? WRONG! I don't know which way the speaker fires but the sound ONLY comes out of the hole on the side of the cabinet. This could be limiting if you want to position the sub on your right because the bass will be aiming away from you. For the first year or so, I had mine on the left, which was ok, but I now have it sideways on so that the hole faces me (the back of unit is well finished so this is acceptable).

The rest of the design is great and all the speakers pack a hell of a punch.

Throughout my ownership, I've never been quite happy with the sound, despite hours of adjusting an EQing (using PC software). I have finally got there using a mixture of the bass adjustment that's on the subwoofer and the EQ software of my PC sound. The speakers sound pretty good without this but if you want near perfect sound, I think you need to EQ these speakers.

I will try and upload a user photo of my EQ profile and position of the bass adjustment to help anyone wishing to do the same.

I'm giving the system 4 starts because of the design limitation of the sub and because it took 2 years to find the right settings. Now that I have, I'm getting 5 star sound.
review image