on 17 May 2015
I have tried these and the Koolpak version and the Koolpak instant versions after having a recent surgery to keep the swelling down. For a longer term injury I found these to be the best, the pouch that comes with these allows through enough coldness not to freeze the area too much, but enough that it feels the effects. Because of the nature of the product - being that it is frozen gel, it can be difficult (depending on the area you are pulling it on) to secure the pack to your body. If you want the pack to wrap around your thigh for example it s tricky - but if you have space in your freezer, then put something underneath the middle bit and freeze the pack into a semi circle. These aren't the cheapest, but the quality of the velcro holder does set them a little above the Koolpak. They take about an hour to freeze in a standard freezer and last for about 20 minutes, so if you need constant cooling, you will need to buy 3.
on 17 April 2012
I had been looking for a replacement ice pack that was pliable to be able to wrap it around knees. We had been using frozen peas which worked very well but always ended up splitting and smelling. We had tried another gel pack but it was too rigid and took ages to freeze. In fairness it was supposed to keep the picnic bag cool. This one is much better designed for treating injuries and swollen joints.The sleeve and Velcro are a simple and very effective solution to keeping the pad on the area being treated. The pack freezes very quickly. We have used it as a heating pad but only once. It was OK but a hot water bottle is still our favourite. I would still have no hesitation in highly recommending this product and have since purchased a second.
on 28 April 2016
For this price I was amazed at the quality. I have used gell packs from well known supermarket pharmacies at twice the price and half the quality. Buy these packs and I am sure you will agree with me.
on 1 April 2017
Good ice packs but the strap needs to be bigger to fit around your waist for lower back use. I have a 29inch waist and it wouldn't go around me
on 24 April 2014
This has been used (frozen) many times for a someone recovering from a knee operation who had planned on using a bag of frozen peas. The pack, with the simple yet effective Velcro holder worked brilliantly. Being able to adjust the position was so useful. I can thoroughly recommend it.
on 1 August 2012
The product is very good quality construction and works well - I have only used the heat option though. It is also larger than other similar pads I have tried and that has made it more effective. I also appreciated the holder and the fact that the strap was removable.

My only complaint is that having asked for express delivery it was shipped on a Monday and did not arrive until the following Monday! The company were, however, quick to respond to enquiries and were at least able to tell me where the parcel was - not that knowing that it was 'in the van' helped.
on 6 June 2017
very nice pain reliever,thank you.
on 13 January 2013
good quality product, im using for after long runs (10+ miles), as the old knees are getting a pounding, warm down walk then straight home and apply 5 mins on each knee for about 3 times each, then into a hot shower and ive had no probs since.
on 25 June 2013
Great Packs. I keep one in the freezer all the time and the other one ready to stick in the microwave.
The velcro is great so you can strap it to your leg/knee. Can be used anywhere and even when frozen can still be molded to fit.
on 30 September 2016
price ok, wife says it helps migrain