• Konk
  • Customer reviews

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 June 2014
The Kooks second album is a solid follow-up to their highly promising debut 'Inside In/Inside Out' and, although there appears to be no real progression in the material delivered here, the band are tight and riff-driven in much the same way that 'Supergrass' were back in the mid-1990s. Luke Pritchard, who writes most of the songs, is clearly talented; this album is definitely worth investing especially at the highly competitive price of under £1!!
VINE VOICEon 16 April 2009
I was a little put off by the negative reviews on here but whilst on a long flight recently I decided to give Konk a whirl. I really isn't bad! If you like the singles you'll like the album, simple as. It's not a few good songs and the rest is pap.
Perhaps I'm wrong but the thing I find with The Kooks is that they're a pub band - I just don't see their music getting played at a huge festival somewhere and sounding good. In a small sweaty pub, excellent though! Don't think this is a bad thing though.
on 18 November 2013
It's the not the kind of music I'd ordinarily listen to but good songs are good songs. This album is packed with them. It's really, really good. And that caught me as a massive surprise upon first hearing it. I still hate skinny jeans though.
on 10 September 2016
Best album they've made by far love it!
on 28 April 2008
I must be the only person who thinks this is better than the first (which I loved)

The first relied on 3 -4 absolute stand out tracks, this one doesnt its more consistent but still very uplifting.

And I recommend the special edition, RAK is mellow and slow but good. worth having.

Now for that difficult 3rd album :-)
on 27 August 2009
this album has real kick, punch and the ability to cheer the party up,
such a spectacular sound from such young talent, the production sound is amazing,
tight and punchy, with great synergy between drums and bass, and guitar licks that
enter your head with brilliance and can produce ecstacy,

great album, highly recommended,
on 6 June 2013
I love indie music and 'The Kooks' are such an easy listen. Such an uplifting band their songs are fab!
on 28 August 2015
ok
on 12 August 2015
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 7 May 2015
This arrived ahead of time, in v. good condition-the card sleeve was undamaged, and it played fine