on 19 October 2010
Brought this lock to secure my wife's new bike. Got a kryptonite as I have one for my bike, which I purchased on vacation, before I met my wife.It does the job very well. This however is a little heavy and although it comes with a frame mounted bracket it is totally useless on most modern mountain bikes. So it has to be carried in a bag. The extra flex cable is useful. Can't comment on security, but if is as good as mine then we are happy.
on 26 January 2014
This lock is a good size and offers a good level of protection. Importantly, it also features a flex cable with hi-vis orange tags on it. This makes seeing the lock very obvious and therefore has a deterrant effect to would-be thieves.

I haven't had my bike stolen so far, so this is evidence that the lock is decent.
on 4 April 2012
I thought it only appropriate to review this product after it had been rigorously tested by the 'skilled' individual that tried to steal my bike today. The lock has been bent, twisted and abused by some severe force but remained resistive and therefore is simply an excellent product.
So good is the product that my £500 GT Aggressor, lost the battle, and sheared on a rear strut that the said individual must have been using as leverage for trying to break the lock. So all credit to Kryptonite, the bike is in my hands though sadly hospitalised for a while.

Buy a decent lock for your bike, buy this lock!! or you'll be walking one-day when you thought you'd be cycling!
4 people found this helpful
on 2 February 2014
Not sure if you can review a bike lock until your bike has either a theft or attempted theft therefore a higher star rating if you're bike still there. Good for the money but the lock isn't the smoothest when putting the key in and you always seem to align it back with the holes less than the 50% you should get.
on 3 August 2010
Well I've had the lock for a couple of months and my bike hasn't been stolen yet! The addition of the cable is really useful to secure the front wheel as well (NB the trick I learnt from another review is to pass the loop of one end through the other in order for it to reach to the main lock around the back wheel). The lock feels solid and just fits around my average size frame and chunky MTB tyre, when I can attach it to something at the right angle. Slight downsides: 1) It only has two keys, and I've already lost one... 2) The lock jams occasionally when opening/closing, needs a bit of a jiggle. 3) The lock doesn't fit in the triangular space in my bike frame once the mount has been attached, really poor design.
on 1 March 2015
Currently completely locked closed and unable to open with fresh spare key after less than 18 months of use. The lock is through the frame of my wife's bike so I am currently stuffed. The whole mechanism is rusty and stiff. I have an ABUS lock on my bike which is several years older and sees a lot more action and that is completely fine and rust free. The two bikes and locks are left outside side by side under a waterproof sheet so the Kryptonite is definitely a fail. Beware.
on 2 August 2015
Good value for money. Always could be better that is that one star missing but this is not 100 euro lock or over.. I'm happy whit it. If not so expensive bike quite sufficient lock maybe best money/quality balance . If an expensive bike I would see even better ones. Unfortunately, there is not 100% sure lock ,any bike will be stolen if someone want it enough. Also there is locks that send a message to your phone if someone moves the lock. Expensive bike = expensive lock.
on 6 May 2010
Bought this thinking it was good value for money. My bike was stolen with this lock on the first day I took it to work! Having said that, the lock didn't fail but the object I locked it too did, as did the cables with the lock. They snipped through those like butter and took my bike no probs.

I don't doubt the lock is above average but nothing is fool proof - lock your bike well and take out insurance like I did!
One person found this helpful
on 5 March 2013
Good sturdy lock and the way the bracket works if you can't find somewhere to fit to your bike your doing something wrong.
The Flex cable is a great extra meaning you don't need to take your front wheel off to padlock up your bike safely.
When it first arrived I didn't think the D wouldn't be long enough but have had no problem at all.
on 4 December 2017