on 14 January 2016
A good mirror, very easy to fit inside the end of handlebars with standard interior dimensions.
Easily adjustable and stays in place even over bumpy terrain and against high winds.

(One thing to watch out for with these kind of handlebar end mirrors - not just this one, but all makes - is to be sure to check the inside diameter of your handlebars . Some of them are narrower than standard and will cause a problem because even at its minimum width can't be forced in. I have one bike like that. Happily the bike I bought this for doesn't have that problem and my wife is very happy with it.)
on 16 March 2013
I am a fan of the Zefal Cyclops mirror and have fitted them to most of my road bikes. They are relatively cheap, simple, reliable. and effective - especially if you are middle-aged like me, and get a stiff neck from craning around to watch rear-approaching traffic!

However, when this (straight bar) version arrived, I was somewhat taken aback to find it had an unfamiliar, angled fixing bracket. Fortunately, after I fitted it to the straight bars of my mountain bike - for the occasional road commute - I realised that this allowed the mirror to be folded in under the bar grips, out of harm's way, for when I am off-road and don't need a mirror. Excellent!

Also note that I have fitted this to a handlebar that has bar ends, and it is perfectly compatible (with mine, anyway).
4 people found this helpful
on 15 June 2017
The mirror has a good field of view, considering its small size, and is vibration-free, unlike mirrors mounted on long arms. It folds easily out of harm's way when parking the bike. You have to be precise about how much to tighten the various joints so that the mirror can still be folded and adjusted but holds its position over bumps and in the wind.
One person found this helpful
on 29 August 2016
Very happy with this product.
Make sure you have it tight enough so it doesn't move about from pot-holes.
Personally I scored some lines and put a bit of white paint in them so that I can adjust it to the matching lines before I set of - no need to waist time adjusting it on the go.
Much safer for me as I don't have to turn all the way back to check for cars and loose sight of what's ahead.
Only briefly to check my blind spot.
Frankly I would've had indicators as well if I could.
I recommend this product.
Hope this helps.
on 18 August 2015
Studied bike mirrors for ages and landed lucky in choosing this one. Took a few minutes to figure out how to attach but once done I cannot imagine doing without. The do need regularly adjusting - not by the bumps but to get the optimal viewing angle and because you may need to flip up when parking or carrying your bike. Road vibration has not been an issue at all and I will get some more for my other bikes. Should fit most handle bars as it comes with a couple of inserts and bars are usually a standard design anyway. Very pleased.
on 15 May 2018
Effective and after a few rises I've got used to the size and angle of view, which is quite enough to keep track of traffic behind me. Easy to fix and great that you can move it out of the way to rest the bike on that side or squeeze through a gap.
on 2 July 2012
Having a motorbike ,always missed the mirror when cyling ,becomes instinctive . Read a lot of bad reviews about bar end mirrors-lots of wobbles ,cant see for the vibration etc . Well this ones a winner for me,no wobbles, clear view of whats behind and seems fairly robust .Folds flat to the bar end if you want to prop the bike up.
Just cut a hole in handlebar grip end using knife and nail scissors no need to cut whole end off ,shoved it in tightened it up job done . Buy one saves your neck muscles no end .
6 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 30 August 2014
I think a mirror, any mirror, is an essential item in any cyclist's toolkit. Too many times have I seen my less aware brethren weaving dangerously out into traffic without the barest idea of the large 4x4 looming behind them.

This model is easy to fit, sturdy enought and very adjustable.

Please get a mirror gals & guys, it really makes a huge difference to your safety. I'd even put it above a cycle helmet and equal to having lights...
on 17 November 2017
Bought as a replacement. The mirror gives a very clear and steady rear view. The fitting itself is a little too large for the handlebar diameter of my bike but can be whittled down to fit snugly.
on 17 June 2018
if you drop the bike they break, or if you get to close to a branch they break, but as I have bought I must think they are worth it