Customer reviews

Berkeley Square [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 9 August 2016
I really enjoyed this series though there were parts of the film that I found a tad boring, but mostly a good watch, though though the ending was disappointing, it ended on a cliff hanger and there are no more episodes left!! If there had been a series 2 I would of bought it.
on 23 August 2017
Watched this yrs ago on the tv. Watching again I remember how much I really enjoyed it and absolutely love the theme tune
on 18 February 2015
I saw this a good while ago. Its not bad, but not as interesting as I thought it would be, but watchable.

Skooter
on 5 September 2017
I watched this when it was on television 20 years ago and enjoyed it then so I know it'llbe no different.
on 30 March 2017
very nice easy watching show
on 13 February 2013
Watched it again and again. Enjoy it just as much every time. Thought it would be. Chic flick but good for men too.
on 4 April 2009
I settled down to watch this lovely series - and relaxed into it, immediately.

Of course, I watched it years ago when it was on telly, but nothing spoiled my re-visit of the lives of these 3 girls, their friendship, histories, and different dramas.

Lydia was back then, and is still, my favourite. She came to London like a lamb among the wolf pack (the other two being much more street-wise) and her good nature and friendliness brought her through her trials. Her straightforward attitude to people and life also spanned the class-system and "touched" (among others) her well-to-do employers and their aged Nanny, benefitting the whole family, including the dasterdly (emotionally starved) "lech" of an elder son, who would have benefitted from a more caring father, if Series Two had ever been made!

The future of the other two nannies was left in some doubt when the first series came to an end, and it's a pity the story wasn't so rounded off for them. But Lydia - with a friendship developing with the likeable butler of her employers home - had "promise" to look forward to. One happy ending, at least.

A very worthy get-away-from-it-all buy.
on 18 September 2013
The storyline is interesting although a bit weak here and there. It is evident that they were planning a second series, then all of a sudden there wasn't to be any and so they had to end this first and only season in a rather unsatisfying way leaving lots of things undealt with. And why no subtitles? With background music, poor Lydia's thick dialect/accent and some of the others mumbling, it was sometimes very hard for me to hear all the lines. No subtitles = very difficult for those of us who are a little hard of hearing! All in all, I liked the story well enough. With subtitles I would have given it another star!
on 15 June 2017
Very good
on 30 August 2008
I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Berkeley Square some 10 years after first seeing in on TV. The cast is strong- with each of the nannies showing great acting and having good story lines- the costumes are wonderful and it is easy to watch- without it being soft. There are times where you will need a hanky watching this..won't say more... but great value for money and something to watch over and over again.