Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(3 star). See all 100 reviews
on 15 September 2013
electric feel is blinding don't care about the rest of the album if the price is right pick it up
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 January 2012
I'm not a fan of "indie style" or general band music, its only a recent thing I've broken away from dance as an umbrella genre and I think it's my dance background that has helped me enjoy Oracular Spectacular. It has some really nice synthy/trancey melodies and sounds and I'm really enjoying it. I loved Electric Feel from the moment I heard it and was a little disappointed more of the album isn't like it but its still good and I would still recommend it. Some good sounds in there!
on 2 March 2009
A very good album that upon first listen I was impressed with the overal sound. I have since discovered other similar bands (perhaps more impressive).

The first track is excellent and the rest of the album certainly goes downhill from this high. However it is a very good album, not boring at all as the themes and styles do shift from time to time.

I would recommend for fans of Flaming Lips, Tame Impala and Ariel Pink.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 November 2008
See how they prance on the beach. Look at the hippy's long pink shorts. Aren't they cheeky?

Good little pop number this - will never set the world alight, but a fun-filled head-nodder. Pop should be fun I think! This is as much fun as when Michael Jackson cut down a tree with his hand, or when Madonna wore coffee filters on her boobies.
on 6 October 2008
Best way to descibe this album is,the first half is good the other half is pritty rubbish!.The first six of these songs are defenately worth a listen but the other four are just fillers but considering I got this CD for six quid Im pritty happy!.
on 30 March 2008
Hmmm. OS gets off to a cracking start but about half way through this album it becomes filler central (which is quite a feat on a 37 min CD) and the production and influences begin to outstrip the content. As well as the glam, there's Galaxie 500, Mercury Rev and even a bit of Roisin Murphy in there, but repeat listens emphasise just how thin some of the material is. When it's good though, it's really good. Very much a curate's faberge egg.