Colour: Midnight|Change

on 10 July 2014
I have been travelling a lot for business for the last 20 years, although usually for 2 nights, no more. This suitcase is perfect for that.

Using the straps to tighten the suitcase makes most skeptical check-in people look at it and immediately declare it okay, seeing as it's rather thin most of the time.

I put the heavies, like a pair of shoes, chargers (for laptop, phone, toothbrush, camera batteries), my own headphones I need as an interpreter, electric toothbrush and non-liquid make-up in the bottom part of the suitcase. Clothes go in the top compartment. In between the two separate compartments I have my laptop and bag with liquids. So handy when going through security to not have to search for those but just pull them out...

Being able to tighten it up like this one is means the top part of the suitcase is not stiff. Still, the plastic bits attached to it on the wheels side are well placed and sturdy enough to make the suitcase stand up quite securely.

The wheels are the quietest I have had on any suitcase yet. In fact, they are nearly silent. Excellent for not making a nuisance of/drawing attention to myself when walking the streets late at night.

Needless to say, the colour is lovely and so unique, nobody could possibly mistake my suitcase for theirs. :-)
on 29 May 2015
This case was far more money than I wanted to pay but great reviews and 30yr guarantee won me over (my old cases are so battered). Overall I'm really pleased with my case and glad I chose this one, though its not perfect.

I especially like the two handle heights, perfect for taller people. The clam shell division is excellent and although I have been dubious about how much I can squeeze in, I have been pleasantly surprised each time to find it fits and zips up. One complaint is that the handle system takes up a lot of space in the back half of the case which can be inconvenient, I try to fill the narrow spaces with chargers, shoes and toiletries. There is a handy little pocket on the outer side of the division, items can be placed between the divided sides and also, if your zips are at the top, you can access the clam divisions without having to open up whole case, again really handy. Front pocket is pretty useless if case is full and has a narrow opening, OK for paperwork, passport that's about it. Side straps are great for reducing bulk and I suspect necessary for balance.

I find the case well balanced and stands fine (even when I'm sure it shouldn't) but I do make sure I put all the heavy stuff in the back and fasten the side straps. I can get a few nights clothes in front, toiletries, shoes, laptop and couple of A4 notebooks in back, no room for more books though because of handle being in the way. I commute to uni which is what I bought this case for so its a bit disappointing that I have to carry all my books separately, especially since I can't balance a book bag on top like I could with my old cases.

Can't agree about wheels being quiet, mine definitely aren't. It generally doesn't wobble but I've tipped or spun it a few times when walking. Its incredibly light, in fact I'm sure it makes the contents lighter too! Easy to grab and sturdy handles. Lovely colour and looks really smart.

Would have liked it to be a bit bigger, but guess its future-proofed against ever shrinking cabin bag sizing and its fine for my needs as an overnight bag. I looked at the next size up and compared it against my existing cases but seemed too big for short trips. I had hoped my daughter and I would be able to use this one case for weekend trips to family and friends, but its definitely too small for that. I'm very tempted to buy the next size up too but trying to justify the cost.
on 28 April 2015
Just what i was looking for, at a good price. The colour is great and with the split, zippered compartment it means I can pack everything away and in the middle put the items that need to be scanned at the airport separately. The right size for carry on luggage but it can hold quite a lot in its compact size. The compression straps help to keep it as compact as possible.
The wheels are sturdy and it rolls very well.
on 17 November 2015
I love this little case - I can fit in a lot more than I would have thought as it just pads out a little more. It's very robust - I've put it in hold and everything in there was safe (the bottom part is structured so any breakables/hard items in there, and the top part is softer so clothes and materials in that part). It's also slim enough to squeeze in front of me on a train seat or bus seat as well so I can keep it with me when I need to. Would recommend this for anyone looking for a small but robust case, suitable for up to a week's break I think, although I use it mostly for work trips.
on 25 August 2014
Bought this to replace a case with a broken handle, delivered promptly the next day a little annoying not to get a delivery time.
and so far its been used and both hold baggage and cabin baggage on 4/5 trips inc trips to Eygpt and Canada.
No problems so far but the handle only seems as strong as the case it replaced so I'm not sure if it will last for its 30 years warranty. We especially like the 2 compartments enabling a his and hers when packing and the bright red colour makes it stand out on baggage reclaim. The side straps help you compress the case down to the required airline size.
on 31 May 2016
I love this case, great for the weekend or 4 to 5 days if like me you don't take too much with you. You can, however, get more in this case than you think. It's well made and I'm pleased with the colour, purple.
on 24 April 2014
This small suitcase fits overhead in trains. The quality is excellent as the material is good, the handle moves in and out smoothly and the wheels are robust and do not make much noise unlike some cases. Always buy this make now.
on 26 May 2015
Excellent bag. And as long as you don't stuff the front pockets too much, fits well withing Ryanair sizes.
Great quality, lots of pockets and compartments. Handles at top and side. The straps really allow you to tighten and reduce space. Although not a hard case, there is a small amount of protection offered by shell, wheels and handle location.
on 14 October 2014
Excellent greedy little cabin luggage case; lightweight with two handles for easy lifting. Packing is simple as the case opens in half so no guddling through piles of clothes etc., to the bottom if you need to find something quickly. One of m best buys.
on 23 August 2015
Bought this as my other weekend bag kept over turning on any rough surface. This bag is amazing. It has loads of space inside, with dividers so you can find stuff. It is very sturdy and made of tough fabric. Highly recommended.