on 10 September 2013
I have long suffered with M.E/CFS, fibromyalgia and hypermobility. Physios have tried to rehabilitate my muscles with no avail and often actually causing more problems by pushing me too hard. I had to drop out of university for the year as I was too ill and was shocked that I qualified for the higher rate of mobility after hearing all these horror stories about ATOS. The way I was heading was being stuck in a wheelchair all my life at 20. I was determined not to end up there. I heard Pilates was supposed to be gentle and good for back pain so I thought it was worth a shot.

I started with 3 minutes every other day. Then five, then seven etc I can now do an hour. The Pilates weekly workout in particular is great as it split into 20 minute segments, so you get a real sense of achievement after completing a workout a lot sooner than you would with most videos with hour workout. I am not saying this is a cure. However, I have a lot more energy, I'm in a lot less pain and being stronger I am more independent, I can cook for myself! Before I couldn't pour a hot drink for myself as it was too heavy. Lynn explains things really well; being a pilates newbie I found her instructions easy to follow. I look forward to the workout as it is so relaxing. Also on the vanity side of things, it's nicely toning my body (particularly my arms), I was 'skinnyfat' before I started, I have some nice muscle definition now.

P.s Be careful with the stomach exercises if you have hypermobility though. I initially built up too quickly, I think I tried going from 7 to 15 minutes or something, and partially dislocated five ribs and sprained a sixth. Remember slow and steady wins the race!
on 2 March 2011
This is a clear explanation and demonstration of Pilates, and a good value double package. I recently started Pilates at a class, but found the explanations a bit lacking and the pace a bit rushed; this DVD has provided the detail I wanted.Not for people who want a frenetic 'workout', but definitely for you if you want Pilates as it should be.There's a reasonable selection of exercise routines over the two discs, with all body areas targeted.Thank you, Lynn Robinson!
on 12 November 2013
Lynn Robinson is the best for Pilates in my book. I have an old video but as we have upgraded our TV I thought I would also upgrade a few of the old videos to DVD. There are a few changes that are helpful and it is great to be able to do it in your own time when you choose rather than go to classes - although I would definitely recommend having classes first prior to doing it at home.
Gentle controlled movements, its is very calming too.
on 26 July 2017
Excellent DVD, good value as you have the two DVD's for the price of one. It's abit dated but once you get over that the Pilates is great and the teaching easy to follow.
on 1 April 2011
I aways find Lynn easy to follow and these are no exception. They explain better than any other DVDs about the importance of the core and it is continually reinfored throughout. Veried content suitable for beginners but maybe not so good for the more experienced. However worth a try at the price.Body Control Pilates - Pilates Weekly Workout/Pilates Perfect Body [DVD]
on 9 March 2017
Very good
on 17 March 2013
An excellent DVD with clear instructions for all exercises. Breathing is the vital basics of Pilates and this DVD provides constant reminders thoughout to ensure the correct posture and technique is used.
on 7 April 2012
As I have already done some Body Control Pilates this DVD was very easy to follow, and even though the work outs are only 25 mins, you know you have done them! This was recommended by my Pilates teacher, a good recommendation.
on 15 February 2014
These are a really good introduction to Pilates and give me good reminders of technique between classes. I gave 4 stars because you need weights and equipment for some exercises and I feel this should be more prominently stated in the description.
on 25 October 2013
I have beeen going to Pilates classes for over five years but wanted to do some at home. These dvds can be used by a beginner or someone more advanced. You can select certain exercises or do a complete workout. If you are a beginner you may want to buy a Body Control book to support these dvds